Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am i buying a lemon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d just think that there’s starting to be good value in the 2-3 year old model 3s now. Just look it over closely when you pick it up and decline delivery if something doesn’t look or smell right. I’ve always been paranoid that my previously owned S’s had a smoker in it before, which is near impossible to get the smell out. I was lucky both times.

That is a good deal, but I imagine they are struggling right now to sell those at a higher price.

I'm assuming that the 37k is the before tax price listed on their site and you can get a new SR+ for 45k (at least in BC after incentives & rebates).
Add a few years of usage/off the warranty and it seems like a good deal but is no longer raising any major alarms for me about it being a lemon.

Looking at the other used inventory in BC, it is certainly a decent price jump lower than the others on their list, but also significantly higher km which is going to play a role.

Some of the used inventory makes no sense to me. I really don't understand how someone could pay $47,800 for a used 2020 model 3 sr+ with 17k km and base configuration. It's literally more expensive than buying new.

Last edited:
Tesla has kind of been like that for a while. The used pricing doesn't always make sense. Not everyone know better. Not everyone can get incentives on new car. I sold a six month old car for MORE than purchase (after discounts) last year when the factory was shut down for CV and wait times for new popped to 2-3 months, even here in California.

Tesla has kind of been like that for a while. The used pricing doesn't always make sense. Not everyone know better. Not everyone can get incentives on new car. I sold a six month old car for MORE than purchase (after discounts) last year when the factory was shut down for CV and wait times for new popped to 2-3 months, even here in California.
True, though in this case OP is in the same area as I am so eligible for the same incentives and sees the same used inventory!

Seems like Tesla are offering way less for trade ins so they are now selling those used ones for a lot cheaper. Not sure why they add fsd to some and not others though. They seem to value the fsd at about $5k on used m3