Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Car Wash question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am going to be returning my lease soon and hopefully getting my model 3 in March. I found a local brushless car wash with a monthly membership. Took the lease car to test it out and was disappointed to see large metal tubing for guide rails. It's the type you pull in, put it in neutral and let it pull you along.

Have any of you gone to washes like this and had problems scraping your wheels so much it does curb rash but from the guide bars? It didn't do damage to my current wheels but they don't poke out like the model 3's do. I really like the wash it did, just concerned about the possible wheel rash? I saw a Tesla pulling through but I was busy signing up for the membership, wish I would have run out and asked them about it. But does anyone have any advice or experience with this?

I’ve been through a similar car wash maybe 10 times or so. 9 of those times I had no issues.

One time I heard some noise while going through that sounded like the rims rubbing on the rail and I tried to make minor corrections with the steering wheel, but I think that just exacerbated the problem. Nevertheless, I didn’t find any damage to the rims afterward. (It could’ve been rubbing on the onboard side of the rims tho.)