Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another new guy from Louisiana

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a lot of research on this site and others I’m going the EV route for my next car. Of course the first hurdle was range anxiety. I frequently make 300 mile one way trips to pursue my sport. Playing around with the trip planner on the Tesla site as well as fiddling with the PlugShare and ChargeFinder apps solved that issue.

Next was reliability. Yes it’s a machine built by humans so parts can fail. I’m convinced it’s no worse than any other car. As for the tech no issues there. As a retired helicopter mechanic with a strong avionics background I believe that I’m not out of my comfort zone.

Now just waiting for M3 Highland to come to market. In the meantime soaking in all the information that is available here.

I, also, was waiting for Highland, until talking to several people who made me believe it will not come available until summer. The belief is that the spring will be all about the Cyber Truck. So, I went ahead and bought a current M3. Loving it! Range anxiety is real, but I had no issues or problems on my drive back from Memphis. Like anything, it just takes getting used to.