Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any logical sense in order fulfillment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. I am struggling to make sense of things now. I am starting to see other orders on the tracking sheet which were placed 12 days + AFTER my order was placed, with essentially the same or similar configuration, get a VIN and delivery date even though I am on the East Coast.

Does that make any sense to anyone?

LR AWD
Deep Blue Metallic
White Premium Interior
19 in Sport Wheels
FSD

Please someone help me see the logic as I understood East Coast would be delivered first. At the very least I would have expected my VIN (even in source code, which there is not) to show up before someone ordering almost 2 weeks after (even if we both are on the East Coast).

My SA had not responded to outreach (as expected). Not sure what to make of this.

R

Ratoncito...... firstly, relax

You're about to get a wonderful set of wheels that you're going to fall in love with.

Your white interior is slowing you down. I'm in the same boat, they're currently manufacturing black interiors for LR and SR+.

Your time will come. Be patient, be excited, and get ready to fall in love with driving again!

Ahhh... the Zen answer. I appreciate that. It is about the struggle I suppose that makes us passionate Teslafanatics.

However, in my case, the VIN and delivery confirmation by the other customer also had white interior. And it appeared to be a later VIN (not a previous reject).

I guess we can all go crazy asking questions we will never truly get answers to :)

Most likely they were probably inventory matched to a return or their SA was just able to track one down.
What was the span from order date to vin date? (Also verify FSD comparatively).

Your specific combination of build traits, just hasn't it the floor yet, in all reality.

Ok. That's helpful to know. Yeah to me, software doesnt make sense to delay full production of the hardware. However I saw prod videos that showed front control units pre built put right into the shell. So maybe the delay is the number of preprogrammed Autopilots matching up to color and trim? So strange to make sense of their logistics for something seemingly small

I appreciate the jokes and you guys making light of the situation, but as a person who's also ordered and is in a waiting mode, it is very frustrating. Customer support and relations is a universal thing, regardless of industry. You want people to trust their money in your brand and product, and when we make a commitment to purchase something and get almost no feedback for weeks, it does lose our trust a little bit.

I'm really excited for my upcoming Model 3, but I'm excited about the hardware and am pretty disappointed in the company. That doesn't build brand loyalty. All that tells me is that as soon as another manufacturer comes along with a solid competition (and let's be honest with our selves, all the major car manufacturers have the funds and skills to build something similar), I won't have any loyalty to Tesla as a company. I'll go over and check them out because anytime I've purchased a new car from Jeep, or Chevy, I've had a lot of feedback along the way. Heck, you used to be able to purchase a brand new Corvette and get pictures of your car moving along the assembly line.

I'm still in for this Model 3. I think it's amazing tech and an amazing machine, but this terrible customer support experience does take away a little bit of the excitement of receiving the car.

So I'm with you OP, I think a simple explanation of "here's which cars are being built first, here's why" would go a long way in just helping us understand what's going on. We're putting down almost $60k - I don't think it's a lot to ask.

Reactions: puppers
I appreciate the jokes and you guys making light of the situation, but as a person who's also ordered and is in a waiting mode, it is very frustrating. Customer support and relations is a universal thing, regardless of industry. You want people to trust their money in your brand and product, and when we make a commitment to purchase something and get almost no feedback for weeks, it does lose our trust a little bit.

I'm really excited for my upcoming Model 3, but I'm excited about the hardware and am pretty disappointed in the company. That doesn't build brand loyalty. All that tells me is that as soon as another manufacturer comes along with a solid competition (and let's be honest with our selves, all the major car manufacturers have the funds and skills to build something similar), I won't have any loyalty to Tesla as a company. I'll go over and check them out because anytime I've purchased a new car from Jeep, or Chevy, I've had a lot of feedback along the way. Heck, you used to be able to purchase a brand new Corvette and get pictures of your car moving along the assembly line.

I'm still in for this Model 3. I think it's amazing tech and an amazing machine, but this terrible customer support experience does take away a little bit of the excitement of receiving the car.

So I'm with you OP, I think a simple explanation of "here's which cars are being built first, here's why" would go a long way in just helping us understand what's going on. We're putting down almost $60k - I don't think it's a lot to ask.

Can't agree more. I feel like one can like the product and not have to forgive the lack of service. They won't improve ir customers don't demand it.

Sorry for the tongue in cheek reply, but the honest answer is that nobody knows for sure why some get their cars sooner than others. It may be that different delivery centers will get cars before another or something even stranger.

Owners get the same feeling when someone else gets their OTA updates before them. It perhaps is just part of the overall strangeness that is Tesla.

No worries about the loyalty issue. Most of us buying Tesla never purchased one before, so we, perhaps, exhibit the greatest disloyality of all. Not unexpected that if another company come out with a more appealing product that we would be the first to jump ship.

Sometimes something may happen to the VIN on it's way to you. The car may fail is a quality check, and need extra attention prior to delivery. It may be rescheduled, and go to someone else for a valid reason, undisclosed to you. Lots of things could be going on behind the scenes, an of course, you would want to know all the intimate details, but usually all you get is radio silence.

Often "The Wait" is the most difficult thing about buying a Tesla. All of us have gone through this. My first X took 1 1/2 years to arrive, but my most recent one only took 4 days, as they matched up my order to a existing VIN. (both great cars by the way)

Big issue is that during "The Wait" our minds go in all different directions. We begin to worry that maybe something terrible has happened, and that we are going to get a terrible car (FIA). We imagine all sorts of horrible senarios and worry endlessly that we will befall some terrible fate. This is often enhanced as we spend hours, pouring over forum posts. Usually none of these things happen and we end up with a bright and shiny, brand new Tesla in great shape. Begins many years of wonderful EV driving experience, and the initial worries are put behind us.