Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any MS performance owner wants to upgrade Ludicrous?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did some Q&A with Tesla employees through chat few days ago. Bad news is they not offer ludicrous mode upgrade anymore. It's certainly a new way to force you to buy MSP, but I prefer a more flexible choice of upgrade. Since the end of spring quarter, it's no longer free upgrade for Ludicrous mode. Instead, a software addition of 20 K, Yes just software. When you purchased MSP (Or P100D) they have already built-in ludicrous mode. But 7-15 price changes, this upgrade has become the standard option for MSP. I have not received any news about upgrade options of Tesla Ludicrous mode to MSP owner. I wish they would do that one day.

Tesla very specifically will not do this anymore. At this point, you have what you have. And there have been several specialty shops that have posted on the forum showing that not all of the 90/100kw batteries are able to be upgraded to ludicrous safely.
Thanks I actually have a Model S Performance from the era when they made all of them have the hardware with the software locking you from using it so I know its possible to do safely on this particular one.