Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limited Time: 100 kWh Battery Upgrade, Ludicrous+ Capable, 2 Year Warranty (2023-04)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wk057

Former Tesla Tinkerer
Feb 23, 2014
X
Sale pending.

Sold.

You can still check out the 057 Upgrades Configurator to see which regular upgrades are available for your Model S/X!

---

🎶🎵 Guess who's back, back again
WK's back, tell a friend
Now everyone report to the EV scene
Cause we got a new deal that's so pristine

🎶🎵 WK057's back, oh what a surprise
One Hundred kWh, it's time to energize
057 just always has the key
To unlocking the potential of these EVs

🎶🎵 They said it couldn't be done, but he's breaking through
Shattering limits, man, that's what he do
With a hundred kWh, it's like a dream
Pushing boundaries of the EV scene

----

ChatGPT raps aside, the moment a bunch of you have been waiting for. :)

So... pretty much the same deal as the last post is available again with almost the exact same battery pack.

Adjusted some prices with some TMC one-off discounts.
  • RWD 60 (2012-2014) - $22,900. - (Result: 100)
  • 60D, 70, or 70D - $20,000. - (Result: 100 or 100D)
  • 75 or 75D - $19,000. - (Result: 100 or 100D)
  • 85, P85 or 85D - $17,500 - (Result: 100, P100*, or 100D)
  • 90 or 90D - $17,500 - (Result: 100 or 100D)
  • P85D or P90D non-Ludicrous and don't want Ludicrous - $17,500 - (Result: P100D... but why?)
  • P85D or P90D non-Ludicrous and want Ludicrous - $17,500 - (Result: P100D)
  • P85D or P90D Ludicrous - $17,500 - (Result: P100D)
* - P100 is the only oddball configuration we can't make 100% standard (P85 -> P100). We can do it, but it still comes with some caveats.

This particular pack is a "Raven" type 100 kWh pack, 11.1 MWh usage (~20k miles), 92 kWh usable capacity reported.

These are not everyday prices, apply only to folks with no-error core packs, etc etc etc.

Aside from the pricing and notes above, everything in the original post opening the old thread applies. Here's a quote for reference:

Your car has to be fully drivable and have no user-facing BMS errors for the above pricing to apply. Your vehicle's original pack is retained as a core and that is included in the pricing above. If you want to keep your core pack for whatever reason, or if for some reason your car doesn't have a working battery pack, a core charge applies. If your car has any battery or other HV issues, additional costs apply.

Additionally, you might want to get a suspension upgrade at the same time, if you don't have air suspension, to account for the added weight. This is optional and your discretion, but we'll disclaim any responsibility for suspension/alignment/etc if you opt not to do a suggested suspension upgrade.

The upgrade must be done at our shop. We can arrange transport for you, but you're be responsible for vehicle transport costs to/from our shop. However, we're offering a $500 credit towards the initial shipping cost when we handle booking vehicle shipping to our facility. Once work is complete, we can work with you on return transport, or you're welcome to come pickup and drive your vehicle home. With the improved supercharging speeds of a good 100 kWh pack, the trip wouldn't be too bad!

Finally, we're including a two-year 057 Battery Extended Service Plan with this upgrade, if you want it (requires install of our battery monitor and subject to terms of the plan). We don't currently offer this plan to 100 kWh folks publicly, so this is only available with this upgrade. (There may be a wait for the actual monitoring device, but since this pack is from us we'll cover any covered failures in the interim period.)

We can do this upgrade on any S/X, MCU1 or MCU2. Actual service time would be a few days, as we fully test everything, get the vehicle an alignment, etc.

This is not a general offer and is for this pack only. Pricing subject to change.

DM if interested, or contact us at 057 Tech. Post any questions below.

Thanks!

We move through a lot more of these than we ever have, so I don't know how long this will actually be available. It's just me running across a pack that I'd really rather see go into someone's car vs us breaking it down for other things. We've done so many upgrades now I've lost count. Two last week alone. So it's possible someone will end up with this outside of the discounted TMC-only prices listed, buying through normal channels, as well.

The last ones posted here barely lasted a day or so. Ask whatever questions here where the answers may be helpful to others, also.

🤞 we have another early P85D owner jumping on this to a P100D. Those are my favorites. 😃

Last edited:
I'd have a question regarding those packs as for the mine one SMT tool reports nominal cap to be 91kWh (therefore usable is reported to be -5kWh = 86kWh) while Tessie reports usable to be 91kWh. It also has approx 25MWh total charged(excl. regen), manufacture year is 2017. When I analyze ie charging data - added amount of kWh (really the added count into batt, not used by charger) vs gained SOC in % and extrapolate this number to 100%, then it also aims to 91kWh. So what's the reality to be expected as max energy to be possible to withdraw from the batt during one long drive? I'd loke to test it but don't have time to do it now... For sure, I also know those packs used to have nominal cap of 102,4kWh when new.. So I'd be glad to determine, what the real degradation is and also compare to other such packs.
Thanks a lot for the info provided in advance and wish you another new 100kWh pack happy user!!
And for the eventual interested parties: If you're thinking about it, just don't and go for it! This battery is absolute no-brainer to buy if you love your car!

I'd have a question regarding those packs as for the mine one SMT tool reports nominal cap to be 91kWh (therefore usable is reported to be -5kWh = 86kWh) while Tessie reports usable to be 91kWh. It also has approx 25MWh total charged(excl. regen), manufacture year is 2017. When I analyze ie charging data - added amount of kWh (really the added count into batt, not used by charger) vs gained SOC in % and extrapolate this number to 100%, then it also aims to 91kWh. So what's the reality to be expected as max energy to be possible to withdraw from the batt during one long drive? I'd loke to test it but don't have time to do it now... For sure, I also know those packs used to have nominal cap of 102,4kWh when new.. So I'd be glad to determine, what the real degradation is and also compare to other such packs.
Thanks a lot for the info provided in advance and wish you another new 100kWh pack happy user!!
I'm not sure what those apps use to report energy, honestly, and Tesla has changed the meaning of some CAN signals over the years.

Usable energy depends on a bunch of factors, but it's generally the official signal labeled "nominal full pack energy" these days.

This no longer factors in any buffer, so driving style will have an impact. (Less so on a 100 since more cells in parallel.)

Charge energy in isn't a great way to measure, since efficiency losses and other charging related losses (heating pack, any other accessories, etc) would all be measured as well and vary from vehicle to vehicle.

For the most part, though, the original method I posted elsewhere on this forum (multiple rated range by a variable for the type of car) will give you the best approximation for full usable energy.
And for the eventual interested parties: If you're thinking about it, just don't and go for it! This battery is absolute no-brainer to buy if you love your car!
This. 😎

Can a regular 85 be upgrade to a 100 without any special equipment or modifications? I remember before you wouldn’t be able to get regular Tesla over the air updates. Has this changed? Also, I have an original signature 85, can the 100 battery charge at a higher rate or is the charge rate still limited by the charge port?

Can a regular 85 be upgrade to a 100 without any special equipment or modifications? I remember before you wouldn’t be able to get regular Tesla over the air updates. Has this changed? Also, I have an original signature 85, can the 100 battery charge at a higher rate or is the charge rate still limited by the charge port?
There are some mods, but they're semi official now.

We can do non-performance RWD 100s now without issues (normal OTA).

Performance RWD we _should_ be able to do, but have not finished all testing.

Sig S would be able to do about 140 kW supercharging with the mods required for a 100.

Last edited:
Reactions: macbeth
I'm not sure what those apps use to report energy, honestly, and Tesla has changed the meaning of some CAN signals over the years.
Thanks for the input, seems I'll have to test it anyway. Sure with warm battery and with a care to not to push it that hard :D Will see what I can pull out as I'm totally confused now -
but it's generally the official signal labeled "nominal full pack energy" these days.
This would make a sense...
There are some mods, but they're semi official now.

We can do non-performance RWD 100s now without issues (normal OTA).

Performance RWD we _should_ be able to do, but have not finished all testing.

Sig S would be able to do about 140 kW supercharging with the mods required for a 100.
How did you manage to enable OTA on RWD with 100 pack? If it isn't a special sauce with secret ingredients ;) I'm impressed..
As for speed of charge, I think you also mentioned on TMC it also depends on year of manufacture for these older cars, as the oldest ones (before Q1 2014 or 15, not sure now) didn't have the thermal sensing in charge port and HV junction box, so the BMS wouldn't maintain that high power for a long time because of this.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
How did you manage to enable OTA on RWD with 100 pack? If it isn't a special sauce with secret ingredients ;) I'm impressed..
Can't give away all of the secrets, but Tesla themselves have done at least one of these upgrades on their own for some reason at some point, probably lack of pack availability. I made it a point to find and buy one of these cars as soon as I discovered this was something that had been done (which is apparent in newer firmware versions, but not enough info to make it functional). :cool:

Since it's an officially supported car probably done in-warranty, that car's configuration gets OTA updates and all. Took a bit to figure out the exact changes made, but now we've got 'em. hehe

I'm still just trying to make sure everything is 100% happy with a P100 configuration. Seems fine, but haven't 100% finished checking everything I want to check.

As for speed of charge, I think you also mentioned on TMC it also depends on year of manufacture for these older cars, as the oldest ones (before Q1 2014 or 15, not sure now) didn't have the thermal sensing in charge port and HV junction box, so the BMS wouldn't maintain that high power for a long time because of this.

There's definitely a few things going on. However, even the oldest cars support an area under the curve that leads to 30-40 minutes from 10-80% SoC if the battery is capable. The external things aren't as much of a factor these days compared to the nerfing of the non-100 packs. Plus, some of the changes we need to make to support the 100 in a RWD car would include replacing and updating a few items that could have originally been bottlenecks.

Looks like a some people have DM'd interest in this last night. I replied to the first through the gate (a P85D to P100D, yay!) and will give them some to get everything needed to get the order in. (I probably should have specified in the original post what to send over to get the ball rolling... oops).

anditsgone.gif

Sold.

I have a question regarding upgrading from a 90 KW battery to a 100 KW battery. I believe that you have said before that if a battery upgrade is is and done on your car that your company would need to handle any future battery issues.

My question is what about other issues with the Tesla. If I have my battery upgraded to 100 KW, will Tesla service do repairs on all other things except for battery issues?

I believe that you have said before that if a battery upgrade is is and done on your car that your company would need to handle any future battery issues.

This is true. Having your battery upgraded by @wk057 would void your 8-year battery and motor warranty.

My question is what about other issues with the Tesla. If I have my battery upgraded to 100 KW, will Tesla service do repairs on all other things except for battery issues?

Yes. I had my P85D upgraded by @wk057 to a P100D+. Tesla will still honor the warranty on all other aspects/systems of the car -- it's actually the law. I've had several non-battery/drivetrain issues on my car repaired by Tesla under the Extended Service Agreement (ESA). Things like the rear hatch cinching motor (3 times). In fact near the end of my ESA I took my car into the Tesla SC and they found that my front half-shafts that were leaking and replaced under warranty and a few other minor items. Of course, YMMV, but this is my experience.

While the upgrade was expensive, this was the best upgrade I did to my P85D. The increased range, increase charging speed, and performance were totally worth it. If anyone is considering such an upgrade, RUN -- do not walk -- the next time @wk057 makes such an offer. You will NOT regret it!

Reactions: Russell and wk057
Having your battery upgraded by @wk057 would void your 8-year battery and motor warranty.
Quick correction here: Technically does not void the motor warranty UNLESS we also do the Ludicrous upgrade. If you already have Ludicrous, or are upgrading a non-performance car that's in warranty, then your remaining motor warranty is technically safe, and we've had upgrade customers (myself included) have drive unit work done under warranty without issue.

Tesla actually will still do work on the car that involves things with the battery pack, but they won't warranty the battery pack anymore.

For example, I had the front drive unit replaced on my Model X with an upgraded battery. To do this, they had to remove and reinstall the battery pack, which they did without issue.

While the upgrade was expensive, this was the best upgrade I did to my P85D. The increased range, increase charging speed, and performance were totally worth it. If anyone is considering such an upgrade, RUN -- do not walk -- the next time @wk057 makes such an offer. You will NOT regret it!
Thanks for the testimonial. ☺️ We've actually done quite a few of these now, too.

Upgrading P85Ds to P100Ds is definitely my favorite upgrade to do. I have a definite soft spot for the P85Ds especially, given all the weirdness with Tesla and specs at the time of release. It's also the last new-from-Tesla Model S I ever bought. So helping them get some renewed life is always a blast. 😃

I'll note that we do now offer this as a regularly schedulable service, although at a somewhat higher price than the once-or-twice a year offers I can do like this one.

• Love
Reactions: HankLloydRight
My P85DL+ is out of warranty the end of June. I seriously need European wk057 deal ⚡
Although I might try talking my Service Center into it using 400V Ludicrous argument (hopefully it's a valid one… )

So what's the usual curve, does it hold 100kW+ until 60%?

My P85DL+ is out of warranty the end of June. I seriously need European wk057 deal ⚡
Although I might try talking my Service Center into it using 400V Ludicrous argument (hopefully it's a valid one… )

So what's the usual curve, does it hold 100kW+ until 60%?
It also depends whether I charge on V2 or V3. V2 generaly peaks less max kW at lower SOC but then keeps higher power when charging continues in higher SOC. So on V2 at 50% I had approx 105kW and at 60% almost 80kW under optimal conditions. On V3 it was approx 10kW less. Hope it helps..

Reactions: panaut0lordv