Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Tesla owners in the Tucson or Oro Valley areas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been a Model S owner for over 7 years, currently own more than one(wife's car is an S too) We recently got the new LR MS

Pros there is no comparison to other cars, just drive one once and you'll be hooked. Supercharger network is great and enables long distance travel to be pretty painless.

Cons, there is now almost a 9 month wait for a new Model S.

BTW- this is our 4th Model S and we had to pick up each in Scottsdale (or Tempe one time) The new center in Tucson should make that problem go away, We do have a great service team in Tucson, currently located at the airport, but they will be moving into the new center when it's complete.

I should add- that even with the service center, many times they have done remote service at our house. Great group of people there.

Also, there is a quite active owners club in Southern AZ. PM me if you'd like a more info about it.

I've been a Model S owner for over 7 years, currently own more than one(wife's car is an S too) We recently got the new LR MS

Pros there is no comparison to other cars, just drive one once and you'll be hooked. Supercharger network is great and enables long distance travel to be pretty painless.

Cons, there is now almost a 9 month wait for a new Model S.

BTW- this is our 4th Model S and we had to pick up each in Scottsdale (or Tempe one time) The new center in Tucson should make that problem go away, We do have a great service team in Tucson, currently located at the airport, but they will be moving into the new center when it's complete.

I should add- that even with the service center, many times they have done remote service at our house. Great group of people there.

Also, there is a quite active owners club in Southern AZ. PM me if you'd like a more info about it.
I sent you a PM. Not sure it went through though.

You'll love it! I ordered the wife a model x lr because it will probably be a year or more before we get it. I have the 21 LR M3 and its the best car I've ever owned.
I decided on the S. The X is nice, but i think it's better suited to a family. Now i have to decide on exterior/interior colors LOL. The white exterior seems to be the predominant ones around here. Maybe a good choice to mitigate the heat inside the car. I'm trying to decide on interior. White may be too bright and my current ride (Honda Accord) is black, so i may go with cream. But i've heard there might be new color choices avail. soon. I guess we can chnage colors after the deposit and before the VIN without penalty.

Reactions: tbenitez12
FWIW- we have black interiors in our Model S and no problems with the heat here in Southern AZ. The beauty of being able to pre-cool the interior is one advantage an EV has over an ICE.

I also would pick the color of the exterior based upon your preference, the colors make little difference to the temperature of the car in our experience.

The S vs X decision is hard too- we know the X sits higher but the S doesn't sit too low for us. We find we can put almost anything in our S that you could an X except for something very tall. As a matter of fact we refer to our S as a Tesla pickup when we go on HD or Lowe's runs :)

I did see mention of color choices possibly changing, in the past there have been a few other colors that were discontinued for one reason or another. Again, color is a personal choice. The cost difference might be the reason you see white Teslas though, White is the standard color and all other colors have been an uncharge - standard on the 3 was Black at one point though.

I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you select. Now the wait begins :)