Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone been through asking Tesla to buy back a car lately?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honda simply helped a customer friend of mine with an issue they had and you could call them and they actually showed they gave a crap about your issue. Tesla on the other hand just cannot be bothered.

At 10k on the ODO with this car it rattles like crazy now, has been fun to drive at times, but I'm looking at ICE cars now and when I find one will be bailing from this brand. The insurance rates are silly, and I'm just not a person to give business to companies that think the absolute bare minimum is acceptable. Plus I don't like Musk, but was willing to look past that little bit. But no there was never a buy back on the Honda. Wasn't needed cause they actually cared more than Tesla does.

Reactions: jiehan
Sorry I don’t see Any justification for your request. You clearly have buyers remorse or some other motive (hate insurance, musk, whatever) and made your mind up. Yeah not great that that may have scratched your car (or whatever you really never shared specific details) but to buy a car back after 2 years for non mechanical issues is never going to happen with any brand. Sell it and move on with your life. May even be saving yourself additional grief as the car you want to return costs 20k less now and would be your next anxiety as they would never go there either.

Sorry I don’t see Any justification for your request. You clearly have buyers remorse or some other motive (hate insurance, musk, whatever) and made your mind up. Yeah not great that that may have scratched your car (or whatever you really never shared specific details) but to buy a car back after 2 years for non mechanical issues is never going to happen with any brand. Sell it and move on with your life. May even be saving yourself additional grief as the car you want to return costs 20k less now and would be your next anxiety as they would never go there either.
Justification is 10 times damage has occurred out of 11 service visits. If you can say that doesn’t affect value of the vehicle I cannot help you.

My statement above is simply the compounding after the above damages and an attempt to find redemption in a brand that makes it difficult to do. The service manager has been pleasant. But it has taken a lot of pushing to get responses often times and that is a basic ask.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ and jiehan