Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla refusing to work on my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Hopefully, I've picked the right section!

I've owned a Tesla Model 3 for a few months now, and I bought it back in December 2023 second-hand from a car dealership. I did the usual looking around the car and got a HPI check which was completely clear.

Since buying it I've had a few issues, firstly it sounded like something got caught in the brake. I tried to get in touch with Tesla to fix the car, and was told they had recorded it as being in an accident previously - which obviously it was clear so I had no idea.

Ok, that sucks, it wasn't recorded... fine. Due to this however, they informed me they would need to inspect the car in order to be able to actually work on it which I completely understand - however it was accompanied with an invoice for £950 of which they could give me no confirmation that the car would be able to be worked on after, so I could essentially just lose the money.

I obviously decided against this, found an EV garage nearby and got the brake sorted. I've since however had more issues, and the garage seem unequipped to be able to properly sort them - they can't read the codes properly... or something.

I'm no mechanic, researching online it seems like it's a wheel speed sensor this time, but I'm really stuck on what to do if issues keep occurring and Tesla essentially have just left me in the lurch.

Any advice?

Hi All,

Hopefully, I've picked the right section!

I've owned a Tesla Model 3 for a few months now, and I bought it back in December 2023 second-hand from a car dealership. I did the usual looking around the car and got a HPI check which was completely clear.

Since buying it I've had a few issues, firstly it sounded like something got caught in the brake. I tried to get in touch with Tesla to fix the car, and was told they had recorded it as being in an accident previously - which obviously it was clear so I had no idea.

Ok, that sucks, it wasn't recorded... fine. Due to this however, they informed me they would need to inspect the car in order to be able to actually work on it which I completely understand - however it was accompanied with an invoice for £950 of which they could give me no confirmation that the car would be able to be worked on after, so I could essentially just lose the money.

I obviously decided against this, found an EV garage nearby and got the brake sorted. I've since however had more issues, and the garage seem unequipped to be able to properly sort them - they can't read the codes properly... or something.

I'm no mechanic, researching online it seems like it's a wheel speed sensor this time, but I'm really stuck on what to do if issues keep occurring and Tesla essentially have just left me in the lurch.

Any advice?
Check to see if there has been a salvage report on the car, major accident on a carfax equivalent in the UK. If no salvage / not written off financially, I suspect it would be more likely to pass inspection but no guarantees.

There is no record of salvage or any major accidents.

Bouba, I'm going to - but in order to do so, according to Reject My Car, I need to get this report by Tesla.
This is a difficult situation...whether you keep or return the car, you will be out a grand. I certainly would talk to the car dealer...the car should be usable, therefore they should pay the money...see if you can make a deal by being polite and reasonable