Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in BC upgrade their stereo SR+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not absurd at all , not sure how you can say that given you have no idea what was done. I'm very happy with the result.
Not absurd at all , not sure how you can say that given you have no idea what was done. I'm very happy with the result.

I’m sure you are. Absurd is a little much, sorry. $4500 for replacing front speakers, hooking up the rear deck speakers (I assume) and adding an amp/sub seems high but what do I know. I have read the process is extremely labour intensive which is probably why the $4500 price tag.

Well I did oversimplify a bit , they added a DSP and did calibration ( twice , i just returned for my tune-up after the speakers were broken in a bit) and some custom work. I did verify the cost of all the components and they were competitive and as you say it was quite labour intensive. They had the car for roughly 2.5 days to do the installation.

You can likely get 70-80 % of my result for half the money but I had specific goals in mind and didn't mind the extra cost. I went with fairly high spec ie "costly" components as well.

I also wanted an installer with significant experience as I had read in the past of poorly done installations that caused issues with the car. Perhaps not a huge issue at this point as the cars are fairly common now but I wanted peace of mind.

Reactions: Goodtohave
Well I did oversimplify a bit , they added a DSP and did calibration ( twice , i just returned for my tune-up after the speakers were broken in a bit) and some custom work. I did verify the cost of all the components and they were competitive and as you say it was quite labour intensive. They had the car for roughly 2.5 days to do the installation.

You can likely get 70-80 % of my result for half the money but I had specific goals in mind and didn't mind the extra cost. I went with fairly high spec ie "costly" components as well.

I also wanted an installer with significant experience as I had read in the past of poorly done installations that caused issues with the car. Perhaps not a huge issue at this point as the cars are fairly common now but I wanted peace of mind.

makes sense, I would want someone with experience also.

I may give you a shout and ask for contact info if I’m not happy with the stock stereo set up. It’s my wife car so I’m sure it will be ok. However I would like to have some monitors installed for my kids in the back. Any idea on costs for that?

makes sense, I would want someone with experience also.

I may give you a shout and ask for contact info if I’m not happy with the stock stereo set up. It’s my wife car so I’m sure it will be ok. However I would like to have some monitors installed for my kids in the back. Any idea on costs for that?

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with monitors.

Happy to help if you need contact info re the sound system.

Reactions: rkotlowski