Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone want my preordered Model Y (delivered in Oct-Nov)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I am canceling my order for a Model Y scheduled to be delivered between Oct 18-Nov 13 to the Tesla dealership near Baltimore, MD.

It’s a black long range model with white interior and 20” induction wheels. It was made before the last price increase so you’ll get a nice price break.

Let me know if you’re interested in taking delivery.

Hey there. I'm in Virginia and might be interested. What's the price?
F4619D4A-5663-432C-B095-E9003B287A7D.jpeg

Out of curiosity, how does this work out? Can you just transfer a preorder to someone else's account?
It's usually only permissible between family members. Otherwise, the seller and buyer will need to trust each other because the seller will need to expose their Tesla account to the buyer, and the buyer will need to upload their DL, etc to the seller's account. Once delivery is done, the seller will need to do a transfer to buyer. I've done it once and it was quite the journey and filled with risks you will need to be willing to accept.

Reactions: orion2001 and voxel
It's usually only permissible between family members. Otherwise, the seller and buyer will need to trust each other because the seller will need to expose their Tesla account to the buyer, and the buyer will need to upload their DL, etc to the seller's account. Once delivery is done, the seller will need to do a transfer to buyer. I've done it once and it was quite the journey and filled with risks you will need to be willing to accept.
alternatively, I just paid someone for their Model S long range res (at grandfathered pricing) and he transferred his existing Tesla out to a new account and I "took over" his current Tesla account with the reservation. Before he surrendered his account, he removed payment info and transferred his current Tesla to another account as if it was sold to a third party (but that third party was him). I then went in and changed name, address, email, password, etc. to make the account my own.

Reactions: voxel
alternatively, I just paid someone for their Model S long range res (at grandfathered pricing) and he transferred his existing Tesla out to a new account and I "took over" his current Tesla account with the reservation. Before he surrendered his account, he removed payment info and transferred his current Tesla to another account as if it was sold to a third party (but that third party was him). I then went in and changed name, address, email, password, etc. to make the account my own.
So they had to give up their email address tied to the existing Tesla account?

Well he didn't have to "give up" his email address. He did give it up as a Tesla log-in, but I don't need access to his email. After gaining access I changed the email address in account profile to one of mine. Not sure if that then frees his email up to use again on another Tesla account. I assume he can go into his new account and use change email address to use it again now that it has been removed from mine, but I don't know for sure if that would work (or if it would say that email was used previously on another Tesla account).

When you look up your Tesla online does it say you're the first owner or second?

I would not know that. I am not the person who transferred his car out, which I am assuming you're asking about the seller's car he transferred out. All I have is the account now with a reservation.

This seems more like a question for a seller who transferred his car out, or a buyer who completed delivery using Nutterbutter's method above my post.

Well he didn't have to "give up" his email address. He did give it up as a Tesla log-in, but I don't need access to his email. After gaining access I changed the email address in account profile to one of mine. Not sure if that then frees his email up to use again on another Tesla account. I assume he can go into his new account and use change email address to use it again now that it has been removed from mine, but I don't know for sure if that would work (or if it would say that email was used previously on another Tesla account).
Got it. So, this would only work when 1) the seller of the RN doesn't have any other Tesla products, including solar, in their account or 2) seller is willing to move their Tesla products to a new account.