Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arw pre-Raven S/X more powerful?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m guessing the difference is the old cars have the induction motor in the front. The inductions just “hit” hard. You see a lot of these comments in the Model 3 section when folks come from an S and go to the 3. Even when the numbers for the 3 are better, it often doesn’t “feel” as quick (and that’s half the fun, unfortunately).

Wow. That is quite a performance improvement, because a ludicrous P90D does 0-60 in 2.8 ? And you’re saying a long range raven will beat that ? Any idea of by how much ?

No no let me be clear - comparing 2016 p90dl to 2019 perf ludicrous - meaning when I bought in 2016, this was the baddest Tesla you could get at the time. When I got this one in 2019, it’s the baddest (perf ludicrous) for now. Like for like, new car noticeably faster.

No no let me be clear - comparing 2016 p90dl to 2019 perf ludicrous - meaning when I bought in 2016, this was the baddest Tesla you could get at the time. When I got this one in 2019, it’s the baddest (perf ludicrous) for now. Like for like, new car noticeably faster.

Ah, ok I see.

Previously - I thought you were saying the long range raven was faster than a 16 p90dl. Thanks for clarifying !

I’m guessing the difference is the old cars have the induction motor in the front. The inductions just “hit” hard. You see a lot of these comments in the Model 3 section when folks come from an S and go to the 3. Even when the numbers for the 3 are better, it often doesn’t “feel” as quick (and that’s half the fun, unfortunately).

That may explain why when I drove the M3P it did not feel as fast as my P85D, even though on paper they should be identical in terms of launching it.

That may explain why when I drove the M3P it did not feel as fast as my P85D, even though on paper they should be identical in terms of launching it.
Yep. Heck, we have an older P85+ (not the dual motor) and our car is anywhere from 0.7 to 1.2 seconds (depending on which test you believe) slower to 60 than the Model 3P, yet when my wife nailed the 3P (admittedly we were already moving), her immediate comment was "so it's slower than our car". I explained that it wasn't, but that INSTANT induction hit certainly can make it seem that way. Conversely, when we had a P85D loaner a couple of years back, her comment (after I launched it) was "don't do that anymore...you are making my insides hurt".