Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Lock & Key Fob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue I'm having with my new key fob for my 2023 Tesla Model S. I've always used my phone as my key and have it set to autolock when I walk away. I prefer to keep my keys in the car, but since getting the key fob, the car won't autolock if I leave the keys inside.

I understand this is a safety feature to prevent locking the keys in the car, but does anyone know a workaround to leave the keys in the car and still have autolock work? Is there any special iPhone shortcut or something that can be done with the official Tesla or Tessie app?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue I'm having with my new key fob for my 2023 Tesla Model S. I've always used my phone as my key and have it set to autolock when I walk away. I prefer to keep my keys in the car, but since getting the key fob, the car won't autolock if I leave the keys inside.

I understand this is a safety feature to prevent locking the keys in the car, but does anyone know a workaround to leave the keys in the car and still have autolock work? Is there any special iPhone shortcut or something that can be done with the official Tesla or Tessie app?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Disable Bluetooth or shut phone off. Just make sure you have an alternate card key to get back in.

Upvote 0