Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model S Key Fob Walk away function

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Key fobs were not officially available in Tesla Dubai, UAE, I took a chance of buying it from Ebay. Its was half the price and available.
I purchased two Key Fobs from two sellers under the part number 1618096-91-G. Upon receiving the key fobs, programming and adding them was just a 10 seconds task.
The issue I have, is that first key fob works with all functionalities including walk away lock/unlock, while the second one, all button functions works EXCEPT walk away lock/unlock.
Both has the same part number and both were sold as 2021-2023 model s compatible, both are identical in looks and both works if I touch the middle door panel

Any hints on what could be the issue?

Although this is what I thought too. However, I found out that its a car setting and NOT key fob setting. I tried turning it off for one key fob, but it disabled other key fob and also the mobile phone Walkaway function.
still cannot figure out what is the issue? could it be defective or older year model that does not have this feature?

Reactions: DerbyDave