Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Unlock behavior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive noticed that when I approach the car from the drivers side, the right fwd doesn’t automatically unlock ie it won’t open with a push of the handle, but if I approach the car from the right side then the door will unlock. Is this proper behavior? If so any way to change it so all doors unlock regardless of where I approach from?

Thanks!!!

Another gripe — if I turn off automatic presenting doors, i can’t open the door by double clicking the fob. They should really decouple these options. Hopefully gets addressed in a future update. So many things to love about the car but still some puzzling design choices here and there.

Another gripe — if I turn off automatic presenting doors, i can’t open the door by double clicking the fob. They should really decouple these options. Hopefully gets addressed in a future update. So many things to love about the car but still some puzzling design choices here and there.
Did you send the request to Tesla about decoupling the automatic door feature? I’ve sent 2 back in early 2017 when they first introduced automatic doors (with keyfob opening front doors) and as you know it still hasn’t been done as of today. Good luck.

I thought we had a settings choice of unlock driver's door only or unlock all doors. I'm set to all doors and haven't run into a problem walking up and opening non-driver doors. I've never heard of different unlocking behavior depending on where you are, unless you are using auto-open.