Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

automatic speed limiter combined with trafic signs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a setting in the car that will sound a chime when you exceed your pre-set speed.
It automatically adjusts to the signed speed limit of the particular part of the road
you are on.

At the moment, mine chimes at 20km over the limit but is totally adjustable to your
comfort level.

I have a Model Y delivered in July of 2021. The software is fully up to date. It is set to follow the speed limit. The speed limit is shown correctly on the screen 100% of the time, and changes exactly when I pass a new speed limit sign. The car ignores the change entirely, and continues at the same speed. The only way I can get it to go the new limit is to tap the speed limit sign. To be clear, this is not an intermittent issue. It happens 100% of the time.

I am being told by Tesla "the speed limit adjustment is experiencing some software issues at the moment... this is to be resolved in a future software release." If it's true, that is quite an "issue". I am bringing it to a service center in a few weeks. It's difficult for me to believe something like this would be overlooked for so long.

Anybody else experiencing this?