Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopark Model 3 & Y vs Model S & X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a model 2023 M3 and a MX 2023. I have used auto park feature in both cars. Im really surprised at how much easier it is to use the auto-park on the M3 vs my MX. I would much prefer the touch the screen and 'pick' a parking spot among all the ones showing on the center screen versus using the scroll wheel and spinning it as it highlights spots on each side and then depressing it. Sometimes when pressing the scroll wheel, it ticks up or down and selects a different spot.

I can't believe (given the price of this car) that the functionality of this feature is not as smooth as on the X. My suggestion would be when the car is going less than 10MPH and the car recognizes that it is in a parking area (like it does now), the larger screen on the Model X should split (much like it does already on the 3 and Y,,,and then allow the same functionality as does the 3 and Y. I do appreciate the larger screen on the X and S, however, I don't need to see a giant Nav Map when Im parking. Does anybody else agree with me on this?

I do appreciate the larger screen on the X and S, however, I don't need to see a giant Nav Map when Im parking. Does anybody else agree with me on this?
I haven’t specifically compared autopark features, but I totally agree that Tesla has not utilized the larger/more screen space well on the refreshed S/X. It baffles me that we don’t have simple things like the tire pressure and trip cards like in the 3/Y, or even better yet, that info on the IC display like in the legacy S/X. The energy app doesn’t have all the info that the 3/Y has (no Wh/mile data) and I hate that it takes up so much of the screen - the 17” is wasted IMHO. Things are buried in the main menu that are more readily accessible in every other Tesla except the refreshed S/X - like adjusting autopilot following distance or minimizing lane changes for FSD. Most of these things seem like they would be easy to solve with a software update.

Reactions: ArchHamster
I haven’t specifically compared autopark features, but I totally agree that Tesla has not utilized the larger/more screen space well on the refreshed S/X. It baffles me that we don’t have simple things like the tire pressure and trip cards like in the 3/Y, or even better yet, that info on the IC display like in the legacy S/X. The energy app doesn’t have all the info that the 3/Y has (no Wh/mile data) and I hate that it takes up so much of the screen - the 17” is wasted IMHO. Things are buried in the main menu that are more readily accessible in every other Tesla except the refreshed S/X - like adjusting autopilot following distance or minimizing lane changes for FSD. Most of these things seem like they would be easy to solve with a software update.
I totally agree. It's pretty clear the cars Tesla is actually interested in producing are the cheaper 3 and y if they can't even spare us a software developer and UI designer to make the UI experience better in the s and x. I mean, since I got my refreshed x in 2022, the notice prompting you to send in a report after you disengage FSD, then beta now supervised, covers my left side view camera! That's my primary camera for seeing the left rear side of my car. I use it even over my mirrors. It's so frustrating.

They've had plenty of time. It's just that they don't care. I think the reason the cybertruck has one display is so that it is more inline with their mass produced cars. I mean they don't even have autopilot available on the cybertruck. Shameful really. I wouldn't be surprised if the next s and x refresh does away with the smaller driver screen. If they aren't going to support the screen, maybe that's for the best.

I totally agree. It's pretty clear the cars Tesla is actually interested in producing are the cheaper 3 and y if they can't even spare us a software developer and UI designer to make the UI experience better in the s and x. I mean, since I got my refreshed x in 2022, the notice prompting you to send in a report after you disengage FSD, then beta now supervised, covers my left side view camera! That's my primary camera for seeing the left rear side of my car. I use it even over my mirrors. It's so frustrating.

They've had plenty of time. It's just that they don't care. I think the reason the cybertruck has one display is so that it is more inline with their mass produced cars. I mean they don't even have autopilot available on the cybertruck. Shameful really. I wouldn't be surprised if the next s and x refresh does away with the smaller driver screen. If they aren't going to support the screen, maybe that's for the best.
I agree 100% !!