Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoPilot picking up freeway EXIT speed limit signs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving a usual route this weekend, and with the latest update, it started braking hard at every freeway exit. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I realized it was seeing exit speed signs (we were in the rightmost lane). I had my cruise speed set to 72 max, and it kept dropping down to 40, 30mph, etc which made for extreme braking.

It was pretty dangerous, cars behind us started honking, I got the finger two or three times. Everytime I had to turn the speed back up.

Anyone else see this issue?

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: cucubits and CO_MY
I was driving a usual route this weekend, and with the latest update, it started braking hard at every freeway exit. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I realized it was seeing exit speed signs (we were in the rightmost lane). I had my cruise speed set to 72 max, and it kept dropping down to 40, 30mph, etc which made for extreme braking.

It was pretty dangerous, cars behind us started honking, I got the finger two or three times. Everytime I had to turn the speed back up.

This seems like the expected action based on the latest update now recognizing speed limit signs to help set the car limits. Hopefully Tesla will push a second small update to adjust how aggressive they adjust speeds in those situations (IE it’s not a panic stop).

Reactions: captanzuelo

By latest update do you mean 2020.36 or 2020.32? 2020.36 has speed limit sign detection but very few people have the update from what I can tell.

<AP1 laughing noises>

...sorry, sometimes I just can't stop myself :)

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid