Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Availability of CCS 1 adapter refit for legacy Model X vehicles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard when the CCS 1 Adapter Refit will be available? It shows in service area for app that it will be available in early 2023. However, it still will not let me schedule a service to get it. I have a 2020 MX LR+ that indicates it is not currently installed.

Technically it’s available, but you’ll need to purchase out of Europe AND secure a CCS1 adapter from the USA. Then install yourself.

As for US service center retrofit, no one knows. It’ll show in your app when it’s avail, under service menu.

I have a mobile service appointment for Monday 3/6. Excited
Screenshot_20230302-151118~2.png

The last two times I did mobile service CCS came up but wouldn’t allow me to schedule due to availability. Including two weeks ago.

I just tried to do a service today and CCS is now missing

What’s with the $450 charge. Isn’t the retrofit supposed to be free?

Or is that just the typical billed estimated that gets cleared to zero 24hr before?

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
Tesla responded back to me after I attempted to force the schedule and was advised it is not available for me yet and I will be notified in the app when it is. Shocked they responded within 5 min.

Not saying it’s not reasonable. But thought I saw somewhere the retrofit (not adapter itself) was free; or maybe for under warranty.

Anyway. Holding pattern for me for now. No hurry to import; I’ll wait.