Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Avoiding Quartzite Supercharger on I-10 to LA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently at the supercharger in Buckeye headed towards LA. I've heard so many bad things about the quartzite supercharger that we are wondering if we charging Buckeye can we make it all the way to Indio. Anyone ever done this drive and know the answer?

I do that drive all the time. What have you heard about Quartzite? Other than embarrassingly bad bathrooms in the Carl's Jr it's not bad at all. We're usually the only car there too. You're about to head into the desert too so that's a charger I never skip. What you can do is charge up well past what you need at Quartzite and then skip Indio.

You really have to watch it with the desert though because the low angle of the sun scalding you in the afternoon kicks your air conditioning up a notch, the car has to work harder to cool itself and there's a lot of wind that reduces efficiency. I generally get my worst range in between Phoenix and Indio.

Thanks Mike. We stopped there. Not as bad as the reviews I read on line. Was the only car there the entire time. Some sketchy types in the parking lot, but no biggie. First road trip in the Tsla...takes a little getting used to...especially if you have to be there at as stain time. APs awesome however.

I was at Buckeye, Quartzite, and Indio on Thursday 9/22 ... no issues with the QZ supercharger. But yeah, the bathrooms at the Carl's Jr. are not real clean.

Winds are an issue heading west ... had a headwind or quartering wind most of the way. Charge 10% more than you think you need.