Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad ride quality under certain circumstances (air suspension problem?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm Tesla Model X 2020 Long Range owner, and I got into a car accident a few months ago and replaced several air suspension units.
And after that, I could feel weird suspension behaviors in certain circumstances (e.g. on a small dip or sudden downhill at the edge of the bridge), especially from the rear suspension.

The impact was transmitted directly from the bottom with a loud shock noise as if there was no suspension (couldn't filter out the bump at all). It's the route I always drive, but I've never had anything like this before.

I went to the service center and they found nothing unusual (physically, electrically), and they said they couldn't replace anything without any indication.

Is there any way I can fix this...? (Or at least I can suggest anything to Tesla...?)

Hi, I'm Tesla Model X 2020 Long Range owner, and I got into a car accident a few months ago and replaced several air suspension units.
And after that, I could feel weird suspension behaviors in certain circumstances (e.g. on a small dip or sudden downhill at the edge of the bridge), especially from the rear suspension.

The impact was transmitted directly from the bottom with a loud shock noise as if there was no suspension (couldn't filter out the bump at all). It's the route I always drive, but I've never had anything like this before.

I went to the service center and they found nothing unusual (physically, electrically), and they said they couldn't replace anything without any indication.

Is there any way I can fix this...? (Or at least I can suggest anything to Tesla...?)

Look at discussion about X ride quality in general.

Regarding the sounds you have, are they like this: