Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Ceramic Coating for White Seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off don't wear blue jeans when sitting on white leather seats. The blue dye will transfer.
That's why I'm only going to wear black jeans.

Seriously, I would be interested in the best way to preserve the white seats. I know they're relatively easy to clean (I've watched plenty of videos), but is there anything we should do when we first get them? Coatings? Protectant?

On my M3 we coated the white seats with ceramic opti-guard (or whatever the ceramic opti** product is called).
Even with that we do get some jeans dye transfer from my darker denims. i clean with a baby wipe occasionally, and some of it comes off, but a shade remains ( that you can only see if you look for it)
We got the Opti guard for the kids <6yo mostly and the rear seats are pristine even 1 year in. We also put it on the other interior surfaces to avoid chocolate hands on the roof beams :)

This was one of the coatings I read about.
https://smile.amazon.com/GYEON-quar...ramic+coating+car+seats&qid=1593360511&sr=8-8

But, is this the best option?
This is from the "question" section on their product page.

Q: Please let me know if this is safe to use on Tesla White seats? Thanks
A: I asked Gyeon this yesterday and here is the response:
It is certainly possible to apply Leather Shield to the White seats from Tesla’s. The problem lies with the Tesla seats, they’re already coated from the factory with their own special protectant. This makes it a bit harder to apply Leather shield. It is definitely possible, just use less product and be very wary on excess application.

I have previously used Ceramic Pro products then switched over to Feynlab which I see great results with better pricing than CP. All my Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos all treated with Feynlab ceramic coating in/outside done by corsa motorsports in orange county. Im planning to take my MY as soon as I get it :)

funny post..."ceramic" coting for flexible pleather seats. "one born every minute and two to take em"
As an engineer, I think I understand where you are coming from. Hydrophobic coatings and layerings with different pigment retention do help flexible fabrics.

However, I will be the first one to say I do not swear by these products, can’t quantify the incremental benefit over the pre-existing treatments and coatings of the seats, have not done an AB test, and understand the business model of these products is to take a pinch of value add, dilute in some marketing snake oil, and shake vigorously with FUD about the base product.

Reactions: raggedy and Altes
Not needed. Already coated from the factory. Just wipe them once a week or so

Mine look brand new after 10,000+ miles driven and lots of denim wear and I have no ceramic coating

First off don't wear blue jeans when sitting on white leather seats. The blue dye will transfer.

And then you wipe it and it comes right off. Brand new seats again. I wear whatever I want in my car. No issues

Not needed. Already coated from the factory. Just wipe them once a week or so

Mine look brand new after 10,000+ miles driven and lots of denim wear and I have no ceramic coating

And then you wipe it and it comes right off. Brand new seats again. I wear whatever I want in my car. No issues

What do you use to wipe them down?

I couldn't resist. I had to have the white seats. That said, I'm pretty much terrified that my blue jeans will stain them within the first month.

I'll end up being that old lady that tries to find a plastic cover to protect them. o_O:rolleyes::D

source.gif