Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best in car/ portable vacuum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tired of taking out my home vac to clean up leaves, etc on the floor of the car. (Have a giant tree in my yard)

What is a good portable vac with lots of suction I can leave in the car that actually works well? Can be a plug in to 12v or charged one.

• Helpful
Reactions: David99
If you have any Ryobi ONE+ tools and batteries, they make a 3 gal wet/dry portable cordless vacuum. Right now at Home Depot they have the vac, charger and 4.0 Ah battery for $99. I was considering this, but our Dyson V6 Absolute carpet powerhead died, so now it's the cordless vacuum for the garage...

Reactions: sa012
+1 for Dyson.
Their V7 cordless model is typically on sale for $249 and you can use your 20% coupon at Bed Bath.
You kill two birds with one stone. You'll have an excellent in-home vacuum that can be easily reconfigured as a portable car cleaner.

I have the V7 and it's a game changer especially if you have hardwood floor at home. And if you have a kid, you just make him vacuum the floor and the car... better than Roomba! :D

love the dyson but the battery in it still kinda sucks

The V7 is listed at 30 min but I never got 30 min... more like 20 min on normal and 10 min on max. Normal is plenty enough suction for everything though. Very rarely I ran out of power on normal. I thought about upgrading to the newest V11 but there is really no need as more power and more run time is not going to help me much. I rather have it lighter. The V7 is much lighter than the new bigger battery models.

• Informative
Reactions: Tezzie
The V7 is listed at 30 min but I never got 30 min... more like 20 min on normal and 10 min on max. Normal is plenty enough suction for everything though. Very rarely I ran out of power on normal. I thought about upgrading to the newest V11 but there is really no need as more power and more run time is not going to help me much. I rather have it lighter. The V7 is much lighter than the new bigger battery models.

yeah, i'm about the same. I always go max and just get more efficient at my vacuuming.

Reactions: Tezzie
The Dyson V6 and V7 is definitely better for vacuuming the car than the V10. I got the V10 since the carpet power head to my V6 absolute died. The V10 is definitely heavier and bulkier, but I have gotten used to it. I actually can vacuum the whole house now on one charge.

I replaced the battery on the V6 with an Amazon generic and the run time has increased. Works great for vacuuming the car...

What is a good portable vac with lots of suction I can leave in the car that actually works well? Can be a plug in to 12v or charged one.
I have been using for a while a Black & Decker Cordless Vac which is quite powerful.

However I have been looking to a powefull portable vacuum cleaner with a stretchable hose allowing accessing difficult locations.

After doing numerous researches including Dyson and so on, I am considering getting for the Moosoo K17 which costs $145 (with $15 coupon)

Here are of the specs to compare with other models:

Power 200 W
Battery 22.2V/2200mAh
Vacuum 17Kpa
Airflow 10dm3/s
High-density HEPA 4-Stage Filtration System​

71VHdLSbP7L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: David99
I have been using for a while a Black & Decker Cordless Vac which is quite powerful.

However I have been looking to a powefull portable vacuum cleaner with a stretchable hose allowing accessing difficult locations.

After doing numerous researches including Dyson and so on, I am considering getting for the Moosoo K17 which costs $145 (with $15 coupon)

Here are of the specs to compare with other models:

Power 200 W
Battery 22.2V/2200mAh
Vacuum 17Kpa
Airflow 10dm3/s
High-density HEPA 4-Stage Filtration System​

71VHdLSbP7L._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks! I'll check this out. I just need for the car not the home- but guess I can shove the big part on the garage in case I ever do want it.

If you have any Ryobi ONE+ tools and batteries, they make a 3 gal wet/dry portable cordless vacuum. Right now at Home Depot they have the vac, charger and 4.0 Ah battery for $99. I was considering this, but our Dyson V6 Absolute carpet powerhead died, so now it's the cordless vacuum for the garage...

this looks awesome! may be taking a trip to Home Depot

So I'm confused - you buy the vac for $99 and then a separate battery?