Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to conatct Tesla marketing to promote livestreamed autopilot event from CA to UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I mentioned over in the Desert Tesla Charity Drive May 4th, livestream free to watch at TAS.Bot thread I am doing a free to watch charity event May 4th at TAS.Bot where I'm driving my Model X 100D (prepaid FSD) from Petaluma, CA to Salt Lake City, UT using autopilot the entire way, allowing viewers to change the temperature of the car directly and do things like turn on the seat heaters while donating to National Alliance on Mental Illness. I have a very complex setup where I'm livestreaming the entire event, along with a sponsored signal booster from Wilson Electronics mounted to the back and mobile hotspots from Project Fi and Verizon to provide redundancy for the front and rear facing cameras.

In other words, this is a 14 hour livestream showing exactly how well Tesla autopilot now works and I think it's about the best possible ad for Tesla. I would like to reach their marketing department in the hopes that they can tweet about the event (copying @MrTASBot). I have little experience with this and would appreciate any advice on the best way to reach them. Thoughts? Just tweet and copy Elon? :)

Thanks for any support you can provide!

That’s pretty awesome. I know I’ll watch it for sure.

I don’t think I will be much help, but you can try and look for a marketing executive via LinkedIn or any other resource and send them a message there.

That’s pretty awesome. I know I’ll watch it for sure.
Awesome, thanks! I'm exicted.
I don’t think I will be much help, but you can try and look for a marketing executive via LinkedIn or any other resource and send them a message there.
I'm unfortunately running out of time so I'll probably just try hitting people up on Twitter. If anyone else reading this has ideas let me know. Thanks!

The event was a success, and although we didn't have nearly the viewer count we hoped for we still raised over $1,500 for the National Alliance on Mental Illness. A number of very interesting things happened during the drive around autopilot that are worth recording and comparing against next year's drive, by which time I hope to have HW3 on my late 2017 Model X 100D.

And yes, I'll definitely be doing this again, hopefully with much more promotion. I hope to put up a highlight video soon to show some of the interesting things that happened (like going up to 118 degrees before donations came in to turn on the air conditioning). Thanks for the support, all!