Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Perception - The best way to view your TeslaCam events (Android, iOS, iPadOS, macOS!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to share that I'll be reaching out to those on the Android waiting list today with some instructions on how to join the beta testing program! There's a few things left to polish up before general release, but I'm really excited to hear what people think of the Android version.

Not yet on the Android waiting list? Reach out via DM! ✨

In a nice end to the week, v1.9.0 has been sent off to Apple for review!

This is mainly lots of work behind the scenes to ensure compatibility with Android - but we have resolved a few issues surrounding export, polished out a few UI issues, improved animation performance, amongst many other tweaks here and there.

v1.9.0 is also now available for beta testing on Android for all of those who've reached out so far! There's a few known issues we're still working on, but we're getting closer and closer to general release.

The work doesn't stop though - we've got a packed v1.10.0 release being developed & planning has started for v1.11.0! ✨

(quick reminder: Perception Premium is currently 25% off until Jan 1st - not long left now!)

We've been busy over the holidays - v1.10.0 is now available to download for iPhone, iPad, and Mac!

In this release we've:
  • Added the ability to see where your TeslaCam events happened on Perception's World Map! This has been heavily requested over the past few months so we're excited to launch it!
  • Fixed an issue surrounding exporting footage to third party apps on iPhone
  • Fixed an issue surrounding event deletion causing app instability
  • Resolved various minor UI/UX quirks that felt a bit off
along with a few other minor changes & improvements ✨

This also means that v1.10.0 is now also available for those on the Android pre-release testing program.

v1.10.1 & v1.11.0 have also both already entered development and we're looking to release within the next few days.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback!

Last edited:
v1.11.0 is now with Apple for review!

We've taken note of some of the recent feedback - and changed the behaviour of the event markers. We were previously using various timestamps within the event to calculate the markers, but this isn't 100% reliable. We're happy with our new approach but we look forward to hearing everyone's feedback!

We've also resolved a few minor issues & made some other behind-the-scenes changes to prepare for the Android release as part of v1.12.0 ✨

With v1.12.0 in progress and going well, we've taken the opportunity to release v1.11.1 - in order to resolve some minor issues around multi-event deletion & to improve some iPad / macOS UI for the event listings screen. Apologies to those who have had issues deleting events!

v1.11.1 is now available to download - back to building other shiny things! ✨

After a lot of work behind the scenes, today we're releasing Perception for Android! 🎉

Check it out - I’d love to hear your feedback! Perception - Sentry Viewer - Apps on Google Play

We’re not stopping now though - our roadmap easily takes us through the year! From default playback speeds, to live scrubbing through videos, trimming events, view-by-calendar, event conversion, and some other plans we have that will remain secret for now - Perception will continue to grow! ✨

Another release, on the same week?!

We've just released v1.12.2 - adding live scrubbing through videos! Drag the playback bar and see the camera feeds update in real time! There's still a lot of further improvements we want to add around this to make it even better, but we're so happy to see this finally released as so many have been asking for it!

We'd love to hear your feedback! Perception - Tesla Dashcam Viewer

Reactions: Mobile3228
This looks great and I was going to give this a try, but it looks like no support for Intel Macs. :(
Hey! Sorry about that! If there's enough demand, we'd consider building a native macOS version of Perception instead of using the iPad compatibility with Apple Silicon! In the meantime, if you have an iPhone / iPad / Android phone, Perception works there too 😁 Perception - Tesla Dashcam Viewer

Hey! Sorry about that! If there's enough demand, we'd consider building a native macOS version of Perception instead of using the iPad compatibility with Apple Silicon! In the meantime, if you have an iPhone / iPad / Android phone, Perception works there too 😁 Perception - Tesla Dashcam Viewer
I have just now come across this thread.
The product looks interesting and by commenting I will now be alerted to ongoing contributions. Good luck.

Reactions: rb98
I have just now come across this thread.
The product looks interesting and by commenting I will now be alerted to ongoing contributions. Good luck.
Thanks @Wattsisname! There'll be some new updates landing soon - we've got one planned for this weekend to refine a few things, and then the one after should include the initial version of event trimming ✨

Reactions: Wattsisname
v1.12.6 is now available to download! We've sped up exports on iOS (we previously made a change to better support Android which then impacted iOS - both are more separated now!), improved messaging around USB drives, and made the review logic less annoying as we'd seen some people be prompted a few times a day with heavy usage!

We're already working on the next version - we've received some amazing feedback recently and some really good feature requests. This'll be landing very soon ✨

Download on iOS / Android / Mac: Perception - Tesla Dashcam Viewer