Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Black Shadow Motors Model3 Build

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I picked up a LR3 a couple of months ago and absolutely loving the car. I use it predominately as my daily driver and has proven itself to have great range for use here in SoCal. The acceleration has been excellent - even considering the sportscars that I have owned that are 3sec cars (Mono, Atom, Drakan). The experience overall has been positive though it took over a month to get my phone app to work and some trim has fallen off (that will get serviced in Sept). Needless to say, I am a full convert to EV and don't see myself in an ICE daily driver ever again. I am a car fanatic with a love for canyon carving and race tracks.
stock.jpg
My company Black Shadow Motors specializes in service, installations and restoration of niche cars and is located in Temecula (SoCal). BSM is a subsidiary of InoKinetic Group - whose primary focus is on parts sales and engineering work. We've done parts for Tesla in the past and have a large selection of items mostly for modern Lotus cars. The Model 3 that I have is getting a host of upgrades that we offer. I'm a big believer in testing out the items/services we offer so that we can discuss them intelligently with our clients.

My main focus with this build will be to improve the aesthetics of the car and possibly some track worthiness (can't help myself). We've partnered with several tuners that you are already familiar with. I'm quite particular about quality and it seems these companies have the same reputation.

Phase1: Tint, Floor Mats & Wheel Cover Wrap

We've already completed a handful of upgrades with more to come. One of the first items was to tint the windows and install some floor mats that improved the interior. We have two floor mat types: carpet and rubber. The carpet variety are quite nice while the rubber became a nice upgrade for the trunk 'n frunk.

front_passanger_mat_web_ready_grande.jpg

floor mat.JPG

Additionally I decided to have the wheel covers wrapped in two different patterns to see how they would fare. I was reasonably pleased with how they turned out - I prefer the CF version over the Black Camo. What do you think?
Photo Jul 18, 6 01 39 AM.jpg

Photo Jul 07, 6 30 19 PM.jpg

I will update this thread with some of the latest upgrades as I progress. We already fully wrapped the car and had an artist draw onto it making it into an Art Car...more to come.

Phase2: Lower

We just installed Eibach lowering springs along with the requisite alignment. My car is the LR AWD and Eibach make specific kits for each version of 3. The first drive immediately impressed me. In fact, at first I thought the comfort was even better. After driving it on my normal route, I realized that the ride was firmer yet still comfortable. The handling has improved with more immediate turn-in.

Of course the dropped ride height has improved the aesthetics as well - though it has really amplified how inset the stock wheels are. The BBS wheels have more aggressive offsets and will properly fill in the wheel wells. Proper pictures to come later this week when I have everything mounted.

Last edited:
Phase 3: Full Wrap, BBS Wheels

I decided to get my 3 wrapped. I chose a very light blue. It is subtle but very cool. I had the side view mirrors wrapped in a CF-look film from 3M. You can see it in my avatar.

I'm a big fan of the BBS wheels - superb quality and styling. Since I am not tracking this car (yet), I decided to go with a staggered solution. Aesthetics trumped performance, here. :D The BBS wheels feature a replaceable trim ring that surrounds the lip of the wheel. This ring can be replaced if you were to inadvertently curb your wheels.

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Rear 3qtr.jpg
    Rear 3qtr.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 58
Phase 3: Full Wrap, BBS Wheels

I decided to get my 3 wrapped. I chose a very light blue. It is subtle but very cool. I had the side view mirrors wrapped in a CF-look film from 3M. You can see it in my avatar.

I'm a big fan of the BBS wheels - superb quality and styling. Since I am not tracking this car (yet), I decided to go with a staggered solution. Aesthetics trumped performance, here. :D The BBS wheels feature a replaceable trim ring that surrounds the lip of the wheel. This ring can be replaced if you were to inadvertently curb your wheels.

Hi

Nice thread. did your company do the wrap yourselves (is this something you do) or did you outsource that? Im out here in temecula as well. I would say "small world" but temecula has definitely grown over the years, lol.

What are the specs of your BBS and tires? Love this wheel.

I decided not to go too big to ensure ride quality would be OK on our rough roads. I choose the following:
  • Front: BBS CI-R 19x8.5, 235/40ZR19 Conti Extreme Contact Sport XL
  • Rear 19x9.5, 265/35ZR19
We are a BBS Dealer so let me know if you are interested in a set. I installed black wheels on the drivers side and silver on the passenger to add some spice. ;) I like the Silver best.
small black.jpg

I gotta admit, I turn around to admire the car when I'm walking away from it. I don't recall doing that before when it was stock.