Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth TPMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

xallenx1

2021 LFP SR+ with the 980 motor and rear sway bar
Sep 22, 2021
Mount Pleasant, SC
So, for about a week, my driver side rear wheel TPMS has not been registering. I thought it was a defective TPMS. But yesterday, I rotated the tires. I now have the rear driver side wheel to the front and just noticed that it now shows up in the car. I drove 4 hours today and was hoping it would re-calibrate. But nope, the rear driver side wheel is still not registering. How does the Bluetooth TPMS communicate with the car. Are there separate sensors around the wheel well? Thanks!

Reactions: XPsionic
I have similar questions. I recently swapped wheels from a 2020 MY to my 2021 MY and even though i'm pretty sure they are the same BLE sensors, the car doesn't recognize them. I'm assuming it's because they were previously "registered" to a diff ecu. Of course no tire shops around me have a tool to diagnose BLE sensors. So now I'm stuck with taking it to Tesla ($215/hr diagnostic) or buying new sensors off ebay and hoping that they work after paying a tire shop to install them.

This is kind of ridiculous. I've spent a week trying to figure out how these things work, and I'm no closer to a solution. I see I can subscribe to tesla toolbox for $165/day which I assume would let me reset/assign the TPMS because this is what Tesla uses?? If anyone can confirm or have another solution that would be great.

I have similar questions. I recently swapped wheels from a 2020 MY to my 2021 MY and even though i'm pretty sure they are the same BLE sensors, the car doesn't recognize them. I'm assuming it's because they were previously "registered" to a diff ecu. Of course no tire shops around me have a tool to diagnose BLE sensors. So now I'm stuck with taking it to Tesla ($215/hr diagnostic) or buying new sensors off ebay and hoping that they work after paying a tire shop to install them.

This is kind of ridiculous. I've spent a week trying to figure out how these things work, and I'm no closer to a solution. I see I can subscribe to tesla toolbox for $165/day which I assume would let me reset/assign the TPMS because this is what Tesla uses?? If anyone can confirm or have another solution that would be great.
Unfortunately, I don't have the answer for you. The sensors typically will sync after driving several miles.
If you end up going down the new sensors route, message me. I'll offer you a very good deal for a set of OEM sensors to help you out!

Danny

Unfortunately, I don't have the answer for you. The sensors typically will sync after driving several miles.
If you end up going down the new sensors route, message me. I'll offer you a very good deal for a set of OEM sensors to help you out!

Danny
A shout out to Danny "MODEL+"...when we purchased our snow tires last September/October he sold us our set. Absolutely LOVE them (if you can love TPMS sensors..hehehe). Great person to work with and they are way cheaper than purchasing directly from Tesla.

• Love
Reactions: MODEL+
A shout out to Danny "MODEL+"...when we purchased our snow tires last September/October he sold us our set. Absolutely LOVE them (if you can love TPMS sensors..hehehe). Great person to work with and they are way cheaper than purchasing directly from Tesla.
Thank you for the kind words Mike!
Glad everything is still working out great for you ;)

Danny

• Love
Reactions: ColoradoMike