Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake pedal wiggle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my 12X,XXX VIN LR AWD, there seems to be a bit of play on the brake pedal stem left and right. It can be easily wiggled left/right by almost 1 centimeter. Does not seem to affect braking or feel like it is going to come off but the movement bugs me.

Does anyone else notice the same looseness in your brake pedal? Should this be looked at by service?

• Love
Reactions: PaulSilverLake
It shouldn't move. Feel around the back sides of the pedal and see if the rubber still has a continuous wrap around the metal plate in the center. If you can feel the edges of the metal plate then the rubber wasn't mounted properly. It might take some time - I just swapped out my pedals with aluminum ones today and it took about 15 minutes of prying and pulling to get them properly mounted.

It shouldn't move. Feel around the back sides of the pedal and see if the rubber still has a continuous wrap around the metal plate in the center. If you can feel the edges of the metal plate then the rubber wasn't mounted properly. It might take some time - I just swapped out my pedals with aluminum ones today and it took about 15 minutes of prying and pulling to get them properly mounted.
To help clarify, I meant the stem to pivot point, rather than the rubber pedal piece minted to the rectangle.

Reactions: PaulSilverLake
Mine wiggles as well. Feels janky to drive a Model S at this price with a loose brake pedal. They said it was "within normal wiggle" before but I am asking them to fix it replace it. Also it is super loud when it brakes on auto pilot where my guests in the car think something is wrong with the car.