Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New 2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range For Sale - Ready for Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I’m looking to transfer ownership of a 2018 long range Tesla Model 3 that I haven’t taken possession of yet in the Los Angeles area. Car is ready for delivery. 63k plus taxes - same as order price. Still available for $7500 federal tax credit.

Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Obsidian Black Metallic
18’’ Aero Wheels
Premium Interior
Premium Black
Enhanced Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability

Attachments

• 91A803E7-0921-40D3-994A-04910F7AB97D.jpeg
    91A803E7-0921-40D3-994A-04910F7AB97D.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 58C113AA-0035-4FA4-A26D-783ACE42273A.jpeg
    58C113AA-0035-4FA4-A26D-783ACE42273A.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 58
If you haven't taken delivery, you can just cancel the order and defer your $2500 deposit for later. I don't think anyone would actually pay you for your $2500 deposit because they can still order the exact same car, wait for you to cancel, and then Tesla would release the car for them to buy (or the new buyer could take delivery of a similar or identical car).

Reactions: jackycheong
If you are transferring ownership, the car in NOT available for tax credit. Only the original purchaser. Drop the price by $7500.

Even if I haven’t even technically ‘purchased’ the car yet? I’ve only put down $3500 in deposits. I’m not trying to receive the tax credit. I’m simply looking for someone to take over the reservation as I’m now moving to a city where having a car isn’t feasible.

I just spoke with my Tesla delivery rep and transferring just requires that we call together and switch it from my name to the new persons name and they sign a document. Before they accept delivery they will be required to provide proof of insurance and either cash or the financing details. They did say they won’t refund my deposit so they recommended me coordinating the deposit transfer with the new owner separately. All of which I’m sure we could do over the phone through PayPal at the same time as transferring the name with Tesla to ensure everyone is protected. I do have $3500 deposit already down and the vehicle is ready for delivery as soon as wanted.

I also have Model 3 AWD Autopilot Long Range Gray color 19" wheel ( $61,000) ready for delivery in Dedham, MA. If someone is looking for this configuration, they have it and I can give $500. So instead of $2500, they can pay me $2000.

All you need to do is talk to Tesla Dedham MA and they will make you the owner and you can pay me $500 less for the booking amount.