Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New Fan From Georgia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good evening everyone.

My name is Brian and I'm a very new Tesla fanatic...but I don't own one yet. See I'm probably very unique to this kind of community.

I'm legally blind. I can't see well at all. Thus I've never been able to travel independently. I have to rely on the kindness of others or services like Uber.

But even with those things so don't have the true luxury and freedom to wake up one day and say "I want to go to the beach this weekend and leave today" using a vehicle I own.

But I am thrilled to death that my time is coming thanks to Elon Musk and his dream factory. I'm not sure if he realizes what his dreams realized will do to empower and improve the lives of the blind and visually impaired. It's going to change lives including my own forever.

A good friend of mine showed me the video on YouTube of the Autonomy Day presentation. As I listened, I began shaking with excitement and crying tears of joy simultaneously. The promise of Musk's dreams and plans mean that much to me.

I realize full autonomy may take longer than the set goal but I know it is coming and it fills me with so much hope for my future.

Pleasure to meet y'all. I'm buckled up for what should be a life changing and emotional adventure ahead.

-Brian

Welcome. I actually have couple of friends that have marginal impairments that are expected to get worse who bought Teslas in anticipation of the FSD features helping them in the future, too. It'll be interesting to see how this works out.

AP is very close to driving itself on the freeway now (but it doesn't understand deer and road debris.) NoA still makes a lot of choices I don't agree with in its lane changing strategy, but it executes them pretty well.

Lots of speculation about how quickly things will or won't actually arrive. Gonna be quite an adventure. :)