Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken Charging Cord? I'm confused

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm very confused. This morning I went to plug into the charger here at work and I couldn't insert the charging cord. I was afraid it was the port itself, but then I noticed this plastic pin thing in one of the connectors.

What the heck? Did this break off of my home charger? I didn't have any drama charging over the weekend.

Is this going to prevent me from charging at home? Do I need to get a replacement cable? Any cheaper alternatives than buying a whole new charging station?

PlasticPin.jpg

I don't know if those are just guides in the two large ports on the plug, or it they serve some safety or structural support to the physical connection. If it works, just be really careful connecting or disconnecting the plug. Otherwise, you're gonna need a new plug. I am not sure if the 4 year adapter warranty (if a Gen 3 wall connector) would cover breakage like that, unless it was defective. https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/na_charging_equipment_warranty.pdf

Reactions: kirkhilles