Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Burning for a Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point, I have burned through all the lease extensions that Mercedes Benz has allowed for my smart EV. I will be returning it tomorrow.

This means I'll be back to an ICE and burning gasoline to get to and from work. The smart was charged from either my SolarCity installation or the Powerwalls. I guess on cloudy or high usage days, some natural gas was burned to provide electricity for it.

I got a bit of a sunburn waiting in line to place my reservation for my Model 3. That didn't burn as much as seeing non-owners who reserved on-line get invited to configure ahead of me. (Yeah, call the WAAAHmbulance for this ridiculous, first-world problem...)

I just logged into my Tesla account again, and I get an error about "auth-stage.teslamotors.com unexpectedly closed the connection" when I try to check my delivery estimate. I have gotten burned before by getting my hopes up when there are errors connecting to the Tesla site.

Ideally, I would get a Model X, but that would burn through so much cash each month paying for it that I wouldn't have any left over to enjoy taking it anywhere.

Some friends let me test drive their Model 3. They got a Model S early on. Follow the theme of this post blah blah with desire.

My enthusiasm for continuing this post has now burned out. Something I don't plan on doing in my Model 3, whenever that day comes. But, if it happens, so be it.

At this point, I have burned through all the lease extensions that Mercedes Benz has allowed for my smart EV. I will be returning it tomorrow.

This means I'll be back to an ICE and burning gasoline to get to and from work. The smart was charged from either my SolarCity installation or the Powerwalls. I guess on cloudy or high usage days, some natural gas was burned to provide electricity for it.

I got a bit of a sunburn waiting in line to place my reservation for my Model 3. That didn't burn as much as seeing non-owners who reserved on-line get invited to configure ahead of me. (Yeah, call the WAAAHmbulance for this ridiculous, first-world problem...)

I just logged into my Tesla account again, and I get an error about "auth-stage.teslamotors.com unexpectedly closed the connection" when I try to check my delivery estimate. I have gotten burned before by getting my hopes up when there are errors connecting to the Tesla site.

Ideally, I would get a Model X, but that would burn through so much cash each month paying for it that I wouldn't have any left over to enjoy taking it anywhere.

Some friends let me test drive their Model 3. They got a Model S early on. Follow the theme of this post blah blah with desire.

My enthusiasm for continuing this post has now burned out. Something I don't plan on doing in my Model 3, whenever that day comes. But, if it happens, so be it.
Sorry to hear that

Have you tried looking into a CPO Model X?

Sorry to hear that

Have you tried looking into a CPO Model X?

Thanks for the comment and suggestion.

The CPO options are still a stretch, and if I'm going to stretch for it, it has to be a 100% car - that is, I have to be able to use it for 100% of the cases I can think of regularly using it. This includes trips to somewhat remote locations (like Death Valley) where I would need the 295 mile range plus the hauling capacity of the X. The CPO options don't come in quite low enough in price to be able to do it. The Model 3 - though more expensive than any car I have owned to date by more than a factor of 2 - will not need to be a 100% vehicle. We'll still use our Honda CR-V when we need to haul a lot of stuff for camping or whatnot. Perhaps a CPO X or a Model Y will replace that in the future.

Reactions: dragonxt