Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bye Bye 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any thoughts on what this will do to the entry-level price (assuming 100kWh) and also the 75D inventory (particularly in the U.K.)?

I’m due to finalise purchase of a 75D from UK stock (today!) and just read this news.

Thanks,
Andrew

Does anyone have any thoughts on what this will do to the entry-level price (assuming 100kWh) and also the 75D inventory (particularly in the U.K.)?

I’m due to finalise purchase of a 75D from UK stock (today!) and just read this news.

Thanks,
Andrew

Nobody knows. But Tesla's usual process when eliminating its' smallest battery is to replace it with a somewhat bigger one, at a slightly higher price. And then within a few months they lower the price back down the what the smallest battery previously was. There is inevitably a large and vocal group of buyers, upset that they missed out on the upgraded battery.

I cannot imagine a scenario where Tesla doesn't have an S/X with a starting price in the range of the current 75D starting price. And so I'd hold off and wait to see what happens next week.

Disclaimer... this opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it, and comes only from 4 and half years of owning a Tesla and watching what the company does. :) Ya rolls the dice and takes yer own chances!

Reactions: arcus
Thanks, that all makes a lot of sense.

Problem is, after taking a 24hr test drive in a new MS 75D, I don’t think I can spend 3-4 months driving my Audi A5!!

:) I totally understand. My experience 4 and half years ago was exactly the same. And you can never go back. My wife has an A5 that I drive occasionally and it seems crude by comparison.

I don't think you'll be waiting that long. They can't leave the prospective 75D buyers without something to buy; it would seriously damage sales. I'm betting that we find out about a new LR and SR S/X next week. And I'm betting that we will learn that they're already coming off of the line. Tesla has done this before.

Monday may be a different story. I was so excited last year when we were just a week away from the all wheel drives. We were able to save when we purchased our 75 RWD right before they changed to AWD.

It should be interesting. One thing we can positively infer is that the base price WILL go up. EM's announcement is a notice to the sales team to get out and call all fence-sitters to try to kick them off. That wouldn't happen if the base price were to stay the same.

Hence... bigger base battery at higher base price.