Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anybody explain this? (99,2kWh used, 32% left)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never seen this before... 99,2kWh used since the last charge and still having 32% left. Can't be right.
IMG_2498.jpg

Just so we're perfectly clear, the trip was entirely uphill and there was no regen at all and that's why it can't be right, correct?
I live in the Netherlands... It's all flat. Some regen while slowing down. And as shown in the picture.. 236 Wh/Km during the last 420 km.

0,236 * 420 = 99.12

It is unable to get the 32% from regen in a flat country.

Last edited:
I tested the "total energy" with regen... regen gets subtracted of the total energy zo 99.2 kWh is the real total.. it is impossible to remain 32% of battery (in my opinion).
Given your observations and tests, I tend to agree that something seems wonky there. However, you haven't indicated exactly which model you have. IIRC, Tesla has mentioned (and may have already released, I haven't kept up) a model with >100kW.

I just did the math, and if those numbers and your observations were correct, that would be a 145 kW battery, I'm guessing Tesla wasn't going that big on the X that was discussed, so it seems more likely something is off. Could be a bug in calculations, could be a display bug, could be that the charge stopped and started over without resetting the since last charge number. I assume you took this picture immediately after plugging in, but you never actually stated that.

The picture was taken just after plugging in. Nothing charged at that point (as you can see: + 0kWh). Nothing fake here.. Just wondering.

I have a 100D from late 2018. These numbers came up with 2020.8 so it can be a bug. I'm waiting for 2020.12 to check again.