Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can anyone shed light on how 2024 M3P looks like with aero covers off on the new 20 inch wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm interested in purchasing the new M3P coming from my 2020 M3P. Honestly I love the wheels on my current M3P more than what they have designed for the update with the removable aero caps. Does any one have any pictures of what the wheels look like with the aero caps off? I know if you take them off you can see the holes where the caps are bolted on, however I'm assuming there are potentially covers that can be applied to these to make it look better. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

If someone could give me helpful hints on removing the large covers, I'm all ears.

Here's a pic for you @blizza87 From the waiting room thread....

There are small covers that you'd keep on to cover the holes. The large covers clip from the rear.

Screenshot 2024-06-04 124931.jpg

Reactions: Skavatar
Hello folks. I would like to remove the large aero flaps held on by clips and replace them with smaller pieces that match the shape of the smaller flaps with rim holes. It looks like the china version comes with such an option from the factory based in the attached pic. Anyone know how on can order or get my hands on these?
IMG_2940.png
IMG_2940.png

Hello folks. I would like to remove the large aero flaps held on by clips and replace them with smaller pieces that match the shape of the smaller flaps with rim holes. It looks like the china version comes with such an option from the factory based in the attached pic. Anyone know how on can order or get my hands on these?View attachment 1053685View attachment 1053685
That is the China 19" version of the wheel. The US is not getting that (at this moment). As chewyc said the China wheels has holes in all the sections.

If someone could give me helpful hints on removing the large covers, I'm all ears.

Here's a pic for you @blizza87 From the waiting room thread....

There are small covers that you'd keep on to cover the holes. The large covers clip from the rear.

View attachment 1053509
Wow! That looks SICK! It looks SO MUCH better with the covers off. I can't see what they've done with the holes though. Are there caps on it? And is that something that has to be ordered from a 3rd party?

Hello folks. I would like to remove the large aero flaps held on by clips and replace them with smaller pieces that match the shape of the smaller flaps with rim holes. It looks like the china version comes with such an option from the factory based in the attached pic. Anyone know how on can order or get my hands on these?
That is the China 19" version of the wheel. The US is not getting that (at this moment). As chewyc said the China wheels has holes in all the sections.