Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Autopilot Work With No One In The Drivers Seat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A guy on TikTok posted this. I don't know if it's real. For one they're probably not really drunk, none of the cans are open. Just pretending to get views. Two I don't see anything tied to the wheel to defeat the nag. I know when AP was first released people could turn it on and get in the back seat. You'd think they'd tie the driver seat weight sensor into the nag along with the wheel torque but I don't see anything in the driver's seat either in the video. Either way if it's real it's really dumb. Tesla was the DD for the night #fyp #foryou #foryoupage #viral #tesla #dontletthisflop

Yes. If you take your seatbelt off, it will deactivate autopilot. Pretty easy to defeat that though. I've also seen the suggestions of using the weight sensor in the seat, but if someone is this dumb and wants to do this, they'll just put a weight on the seat. Before doing this, the person was already breaking the law. Dumb people will be dumb and Tesla can only do so much to stop them.

Capture.JPG
Dirty and Che I think you're right. Looks like they sat on the seatbelt with it buckled in by this frame I paused on here. Tesla really needs to retrofit a camera to monitor the driver like Cadillac's SuperCruise. They underestimated how dumb people are.