TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Caps win the Stanley Cup! Visiting DC for the parade

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by techmaven, Jun 10, 2018.

1. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

I am driving up Tuesday in my Model 3 for the Caps parade event. I haven’t tried any of the J1772’s in the parking garages that ring the National Mall. Anyone know when these spots usually fill up in the mornings?

2. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

Why not hit the National Harbor on your way in or Potomac Mills Mall on the way north in Woodbridge... DC gets stupid crowded it it would probably be better to "tank up" on your way in..

3. sdugan99

sdugan99 Member

I don't think you are going to have a hard time finding parking in the city on Tuesday. I would park outside and take a metro in.

4. GOPJEW

GOPJEW Member

You’re going to spend $20 parking plus charge cosrts at a charger in DC - valet at the St.Regis hotel next to the White House where there is a Tesla desitnationa charger - charge for free at least.

Springfield is now open apparently - it showed up on my map last night

• Like x 1
  5. CUBldr97

CUBldr97 Member

by 0700... if not earlier...

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. MacGreiner

The parking options that do have charging are usually all used or iced too - I'd go with the National Harbor tank up idea.

7. AMPUP

AMPUP Member

Take the Metro, thats what you should do and what I and others will do,, Drive to either a Md Metro or a VA metro (Park up) and take the metro in. Dunn Loring/Merrifield has good parking as does Vienna if you are close to the Virginia side and its a fairly easy ride in from there.

• Like x 1
  8. crashvt

crashvt Member

I don't think Springfield is open yet. Close, but not yet.

9. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

I you do think it will be hard to find or not? I'm not sure from your comment.

10. sdugan99

sdugan99 Member

Sorry typo. I think it will be hard to find parking.

11. AMPUP

AMPUP Member

Not just hard to park, it’s hell on a normal commute let alone the tolls... There are superchargers on the way out of DC in each direction, so charge on your way out (or in) park up and metro...

• Like x 1
  12. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

Well, I parked near the Residence Inn with early bird special for $16. Was a few blocks south of the National Mall. Picked up 27 kWh from an EVSE there for free. Didn’t need to hit up a Supercharger at all. So it worked out well. Thanks all for your input.

Had a blast at the parade, didn’t attend the rally. Did pick up lots of swag. Amazed at how reasonable some of the prices were from street vendors.

• Like x 1