Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon fiber body kit installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just joining the group but this kit is awesome. Been looking at removing that rear bumper and it seems very tedious. Did you damage any of the plastic fasteners and casings as you removed and re-installed anything. If so, how easy or difficult was it to find replacement parts.

Thanks,
DAJ

Your complete kit looks awesome in black! I was on the fence about the spoiler. Can you provide more pics of spoiler? I recently discovered CMST tuning as well and bought the rear diffuser and carbon fiber hood.

sorry, I don’t mean to hi-jack your post! I’m just excited to see someone else find the same tuning shop I did and bought their products!
How long did it take for your rear diffuser to ship?

Just joining the group but this kit is awesome. Been looking at removing that rear bumper and it seems very tedious. Did you damage any of the plastic fasteners and casings as you removed and re-installed anything. If so, how easy or difficult was it to find replacement parts.

Thanks,
DAJ
It wasn't too hard of a process... Just have to take your time. I wasted about an hour trying to see if there was a way to shortcut the process... only to realize there's not.
I watched a TESBROS video for reference

Remove Rear bumper

Thanks for the confirmation! I might decide to go with portions of this kit. I am ordering the Voltex rear wing though.
I really want that rear diffuser too, but just spent $1200 to add the tow hitch!! I don't think i'd use the tow hitch more than 1x a year so was hoping the diffuser could be temporarily attached, but good to know you gotta pull the whole bumper off! so that's a no go. what did you end up doing?

Looks like Alibaba you can get it directly from china.. about $1300 less? this full kit includes the widebody wheel arches (extra $1,080 on cmst site) and the upper valens ($290)

Model Y

what is everyone's thought on those wheel arches? haven't seen any with them yet.

The v2 diffuser is my favorite, but bummed I lose tow hitch. The v2 wing I think is what i'm getting, although v1 is defintiely original.

Your complete kit looks awesome in black! I was on the fence about the spoiler. Can you provide more pics of spoiler? I recently discovered CMST tuning as well and bought the rear diffuser and carbon fiber hood.

sorry, I don’t mean to hi-jack your post! I’m just excited to see someone else find the same tuning shop I did and bought their products!
I also have a white Y. Can't decide between matte carbon fiber, glossy, or find something black. how's the glossy look? have you thought about painting the wheel arches white?

I really want that rear diffuser too, but just spent $1200 to add the tow hitch!! I don't think i'd use the tow hitch more than 1x a year so was hoping the diffuser could be temporarily attached, but good to know you gotta pull the whole bumper off! so that's a no go. what did you end up doing?
I regret ordering my MYP with the OEM tow hitch because I likely would never use it and now that I have bought the complete body kit the rear diffuser will result in removing the tow hitch. Maybe I will find someone wanting it and will pay a few hundred.

I also have a white Y. Can't decide between matte carbon fiber, glossy, or find something black. how's the glossy look? have you thought about painting the wheel arches white?
The theme of my MYP is matte black inside and out. I already have quite a bit pieces, and adding this full body kit will about complete my build. I haven’t bought the wheel arches yet, but may do so in the future. They look pretty nice, price is decent but their shipping rates are pretty high.

Yes I did, the fit and
Finish is great! Hardest part was the rear lower diffuser. Thought I could swap it without having to remove rear bumper, but you can’t. Entire rear bumper assembly has to come off.
My full body kit is coming tomorrow. I’m gonna install it by myself. Question: how do you connect the third brake light? Is there any specific connection to it? Is it plug and play? TIA

My full body kit is coming tomorrow. I’m gonna install it by myself. Question: how do you connect the third brake light? Is there any specific connection to it? Is it plug and play? TIA
It is connected via two wires to the brake light harness. CMST should be able to give you more info on it, mine was one of the first kits and didn't have documentation in the kit on how to wire it. I didn't photograph the process and would hate to give you faulty information.