Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon fiber for your Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Pics coming tonight!!! I also have to update a few members so please give me till the morning to do so. I'll be pulling in an all nighter tonight in order to get a good start for the week. I just need my Dominos Pizza to start :D.

Hi everyone, thanks for your nice comments! I was kind of a guinea pig for CarbonOne in that I ordered basically every CF part that Tesla makes plus more, and as the other parts arrive and I can get them on the car I'll get more pics and comments up. It was a bit dark and cloudy when I took the pics yesterday, so hopefully if we get some better weather coming up soon I can get some more.

I think that the CF door sills (along with the pulls maybe) are really just a must-have part for the Roadster. Not just because they look so great, they are also way more functional and durable than the OEM plastic ones. I had the plastic ones on the car for a couple days, and what I noticed is that they scuff very, very easily, then bend when you sit on them (my kids stand on them!), and they aren't so easy to slide in and out of the car with. The CF ones are first of all gorgeous and give the car a much more luxurious feel, but they are also very solid and smooth, and they help you slide right in and out of the car. In addition, they don't scuff easily, and even with people getting their feet all over them, there is no change in appearance really.

Anyway, hopefully over the coming weeks the additional parts will come in and I'm dying to see them on the car and get reviews up. I really like what I see so far!

What is left:
1) Full hood
2) Rear wing
3) Side air intakes
4) vertical pieces above door pulls
5) Nav Bezel --- NOTE: if anyone has a 2.5 Nav Bezel and wants one in CF, please consider letting CarbonOne one use it to make a mold and get a discount on the part and other parts as well. I'll have to ship him mine from Japan if there are no takers on that...
6) Solid center console in CF (like the 1.0 Roadster had, but a replica of the 2.5 center console in CF).
7) Tail light covers

Last edited:
I really like CF, I just don't want the inside of my car to be shiny. Perhaps tiny accent here and there like jewelry but I'd be just as happy with soft light as not to distract.

Good point, it should be used as an accent rather than trying to turn the whole interior into shiny carbon fiber. The door sills just cry out for it though, and the bezels (nav, gauge) also look great with it also as does the center console. Note that these are relatively small pieces compared to the surface area of the interior of the car, especially the bezel pieces. Ed & Al's did the whole front of the dash in CF, and to me that is really overdoing it. Don't do big surface areas, do accents and the result is much cleaner and sharper.

I really do recommend the door sills at least not just because of the look and feel, but because they just work so much better than plastic ones. People are always sliding in and out over them, steeping on them, etc., and my OEM ones looked like not so great even after just 2 days of use!

Also, I just wanted to let everybody know that we are behind on a few orders. We will be pushing hard to get every order out asap! Please do keep in mind that every customer we have will be receiving TOP NOTCH, FIRST CLASS, A PLUS, etc. panels and we will not let an imperfection slide :). If anybody has any questions, please do PM me. I'll be replying to emails and PMs right now.

John

Yup Benji, you are correct. We can do flat, (matte) carbon fiber too. Not only that, we also offer egg shell, and semi gloss. Egg shell is between flat and semi gloss.

That's cool. Someday it would be nice to see photographic examples of the three different finishes. Ideally the exact same shape all posed in the exact same position and lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.