Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Just received my MX 2018.
Had to supercharge today and got the warning that on a v3 I should have the ccs adapter....

How does it work??

The MX must be "equipped" with something to be able to be charged at v3?

In the specs of the car I see that is "enabled", but I don't have any phisical adapter...

I need to buy the phisical adapter to charge, assumed that my MX is "enabled"?

you don’t need any adapters. Perhaps you went to “charge your non-Tesla” section of the Tesla app?
I got the warning in the car maps when it selected a supercharger for me during the trip.

I see that there always the nacs and the standard type2 plug in all superchargers.
I've seen that there's the adapter that allows connecting nacs2type2, which would not be needed if there is always the type 2 plug, so I'm still puzzled....

I got the warning in the car maps when it selected a supercharger for me during the trip.

I see that there always the nacs and the standard type2 plug in all superchargers.
I've seen that there's the adapter that allows connecting nacs2type2, which would not be needed if there is always the type 2 plug, so I'm still puzzled....

The attached picture is the phisical adapter that I mean...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-03-00-35-54-518_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-06-03-00-35-54-518_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 4
you don’t need any adapters. Perhaps you went to “charge your non-Tesla” section of the Tesla app?
Careful, the OP is in Switzerland! Unless you know European charging, don’t reply!

OP, you should state where you are from if different from North America when asking charging questions in the general forums.

Careful, the OP is in Switzerland! Unless you know European charging, don’t reply!

OP, you should state where you are from if different from North America when asking charging questions in the general forums.

I eventually asked Tesla service, since I have next week the Infotainment upgrade scheduled and they can add the retrofit for V3 chargers and the adapter.

They stated that there are two things:

1) Retrofit of the MX (something like enable the adapter usage)
2) Have the adapter

In my specifications of the car, I see "CCS Adapter support: activated".
I assume that this means that I don't need the "retrofit" and that I can use the adapter (that I have to buy anyway...) ?