Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console for center row refresh MX 6 seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there has been discussion in the past, but does anyone know of a company besides Tsportline that makes an after market center console/armrest for the 6 seater? I was a 7 seater Plaid, but was forced into a 6 and know the lack of armrest will be annoying. I am in NYC and Tsportline can make it, but they say I have to go to Los Angeles for install. I don't have time for that kind of road trip, nor do I wish to put those kinds of miles on my car for a relatively small modification.

I know there has been discussion in the past, but does anyone know of a company besides Tsportline that makes an after market center console/armrest for the 6 seater? I was a 7 seater Plaid, but was forced into a 6 and know the lack of armrest will be annoying. I am in NYC and Tsportline can make it, but they say I have to go to Los Angeles for install. I don't have time for that kind of road trip, nor do I wish to put those kinds of miles on my car for a relatively small modification.
They wont allow you to ship it to you and have it installed locally?

I was in the same boat and looking forever for a second row six-seater console option and could not locate a tesla OEM one nor is the Tsportline one a feasible option for me as I am in Japan. These were the best alternatives I could find. I bought two of them and stuck them together. I also re-upholstered the armrests to white to match my white interior (though the all black would likely have looked fine. I do not actually have my X yet so I have not tried it out yet, but the measurements seem to match up well. I am not totally in love with the looks compared to the OEM or the Tsportline, but the quality is not bad for the price and I plan to just plop them in for longer trips. They have lots of storage and a ton of USB ports.

Drcherrybomb,
I found a private party who had the Tesla made 6-seater console who sold it to me and shipped it.
I looked at doing the install myself but opted for a paid for Tesla service call. The tech who showed
up at my door (I -LOVE- that about Tesla service!) had never done one before and hadn't reviewed
what ever service information might be available ... but he worked it out and got the job done and
I was glad I had Tesla do it. IIRC the never before installed console cost me about $180 including
shipping.
You are correct - the lack of any arm rest makes the rear seats significantly less comfortable. But
with it we have taken a two-day 900 mile one way trip with a passenger in the back with zero
complaints ... in fact she praised the comfort of the seat for the trip and did not get "fidgety".
- Jim in the PNW

Drcherrybomb,
I found a private party who had the Tesla made 6-seater console who sold it to me and shipped it.
I looked at doing the install myself but opted for a paid for Tesla service call. The tech who showed
up at my door (I -LOVE- that about Tesla service!) had never done one before and hadn't reviewed
what ever service information might be available ... but he worked it out and got the job done and
I was glad I had Tesla do it. IIRC the never before installed console cost me about $180 including
shipping.
You are correct - the lack of any arm rest makes the rear seats significantly less comfortable. But
with it we have taken a two-day 900 mile one way trip with a passenger in the back with zero
complaints ... in fact she praised the comfort of the seat for the trip and did not get "fidgety".
- Jim in the PNW
Can you share pics and a contact for who made it?

You -may- be able to do what I did - which was to ask here and on another Tesla group ... if
anyone has one they want to sell. The one I got was black - which matches my interior well
enough that no one has commented on the color (my interior is more of a dark charcoal). I
am -very- happy with it and consider the cost to be more than acceptable. The whole deal
ended up being a win-win because the seller got it out of his garage/storage and I got it
installed in my Model X 6-seater.
- Jim in the PNW

Reactions: Pillage
Reviving this thread!

Has anyone gotten Tesla to install the rear center console?

Service is looking into it for me.

I really want this in my 6 seater

Attachments

• C4B70CE0-1843-4BA8-AA44-F089F030018A.jpeg
    C4B70CE0-1843-4BA8-AA44-F089F030018A.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 197
Guy,
Yes, I had it done. I purchased it 'online' ("used" but never actually installed - so "pre-owned") and
I scheduled a service call and the technician installed it in my driveway.
Suggestion - try to get a tech that has already done one or has at least taken the time to carefully
review the installation instructions available from Tesla. My guy was clearly not familiar with the
process and pretty much made it up as he went along. He did a fine job ... but it probably took
him at least 50% more time than it would have if he 'knew what he was doing'. It wasn't that
important to me - because I had nothing else scheduled that day so time was on my side ... but if
I had wanted/needed to go somewhere I'd have had to cancel whatever else I was going to do ...

We are VERY happy that we had it installed - it really makes a difference on how comfortable
it is for anyone sitting in the second row. It does make it impossible to go from the 2nd row to
the 3rd row without stopping and opening the gull wing door and moving the seat to provide
access to the 3rd row. We do not haul kids around and so that is not a problem for us.
kid can probably climb over the center console - if you're willing to let them.
- Jim in the PNW