Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help with used 2021+ refreshed MX purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking to purchase a used refreshed 2021 MX 6 seater and had a couple questions:

1) What are some common issues I should look out for or check?

2) What’s the best way to verify battery health?

3) Can I bring the car to Tesla for some kind of before-sale inspections? If so how much?

4) I know the 2021 build has different specs (charge port, smaller rear screen, no swirl front screen, and 8gb MCU). Is it a big miss compared to 2022+?

5) Tried kbb for private value, but it shows price for pre-refreshed MX. How to better gauge the market value of this build?

Thanks!!

I’m sorry I can’t answer most of your questions but a couple of things:

Palladium (aka “refresh”) Model X were not produced in any volume until 2022. There were I think a few 2021 VINs but not many.

Also you can’t really characterize all 2021s or 2022s as having feature X or not. Tesla makes changes to the cars in the middle of the model year. For example the charge port change happened in the middle of February 2022.

Pretty sure others will have more to say.

Bruce.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
I’m looking to purchase a used refreshed 2021 MX 6 seater and had a couple questions:

1) What are some common issues I should look out for or check?

2) What’s the best way to verify battery health?

3) Can I bring the car to Tesla for some kind of before-sale inspections? If so how much?

4) I know the 2021 build has different specs (charge port, smaller rear screen, no swirl front screen, and 8gb MCU). Is it a big miss compared to 2022+?

5) Tried kbb for private value, but it shows price for pre-refreshed MX. How to better gauge the market value of this build?

Thanks!!
As mentioned above a 2021 isn't a true Refresh and there are TONS of differences vs. the current builds.

Most importantly IMO is the HW4 computer, tilt main screen, lithium 12v, heat pump, no-fade performance, Matrix LED headlights and new steering wheel options both yoke and round. Take a good look at the chart vs. whatever build date this is you're looking at.