Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charger install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am installing my house charger. The house is new and it has a conduit from the main to the inside of the garage, which is basically straight down. It Terminates with a 4 x 4 box with a flat cover. I need to come out of the box over 1 1/2’ and up 2’. This will help keep it off the ground and easier access. I’m going to use 6ga THHN for the install. What would be the best solution for coming out of the box and over to the destination point. I was thinking 3/4” elect PVC conduit with one sweep. Not sure which box combination would be best for coming out from the wall. I would Like to stay with non-metallic if possible but whatever needs to be done to get it there. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Your plan sounds good. PVC is perfectly appropriate. Simple thing to do would be to drill a hole in middle of your box faceplate and attach the appropriate terminal, probably a 90 degree turn one with a back that can open up to allow for the wire pull.

You might also be able to buy a box cover that has a 3/4” hole in it.

Upvote 0