Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chemical Odor - Not A/C or outgassing related

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed an odor when pulling into the garage at the end of the day? It's not something in my garage and it's not the musty smell of A/C that I'm familiar with. I assume it's an odor from the car that is being trapped and pulled into the car because the garage is an enclosed space. It doesn't occur when I start the car and leave for the day, so I'm assuming it is some kind of outgassing from the car that gets pulled in through the vents. To me, it smells like nail polish or bananas. I worry it's a leak of the battery coolant but it may be normal.

• Helpful
Reactions: OTARon
Has anyone noticed an odor when pulling into the garage at the end of the day? It's not something in my garage and it's not the musty smell of A/C that I'm familiar with. I assume it's an odor from the car that is being trapped and pulled into the car because the garage is an enclosed space. It doesn't occur when I start the car and leave for the day, so I'm assuming it is some kind of outgassing from the car that gets pulled in through the vents. To me, it smells like nail polish or bananas. I worry it's a leak of the battery coolant but it may be normal.
I dunno. Where do you live? If it's close, I'll drive over and check it out.