Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Christmas Wishlist: Stackable NEMA 14-50 Wall Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Tesla Santa,

With the Model Y coming out next year, I think it's going to become more common for households to have more than one Tesla in the garage.

For those of us with a NEMA 14-50 outlet, it would be nice if there was a wall charger version where the NEMA 14-50 plug could be stacked (plugged into each other) when using multiple chargers, where the plug also handles the slave/master configuration. If that's not possible, I'd be happy with any multi-charger solution that doesn't require re-wiring/removing the outlet.

Also, I have been a good boy this year.

Dear Tesla Santa,

With the Model Y coming out next year, I think it's going to become more common for households to have more than one Tesla in the garage.

For those of us with a NEMA 14-50 outlet, it would be nice if there was a wall charger version where the NEMA 14-50 plug could be stacked (plugged into each other) when using multiple chargers, where the plug also handles the slave/master configuration. If that's not possible, I'd be happy with any multi-charger solution that doesn't require re-wiring/removing the outlet.

Also, I have been a good boy this year.
The HPWC can share a circuit with a small communication wire. If you plug in both cars you should get 20 amps each. If one finished the other will jump back to 40. This works better hard wired where maximum draw can be above 40 amps.