Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean black frunk/trunk badges?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plastidip is doable but has anyone found another solution for a reasonable price? 3D printed or something maybe?

To clarify, I want the whole badge black with no chrome showing.
You can try some of the metallic trim tapes that are around. Since they're made for exterior trim, they won't lose their color or finish texture, if any. I used plasti-dip on the top of my trucks bed and it looked good... For about 8/ 9 months then started to get gray. It's also really soft and easy to mar. I get that it makes easy removal but I hate having to go backwards.
Good luck Mr. Pool!
I love when the taxi driver addresses
"Mr. Pool". :p

• Funny
Reactions: Deadpool_25
Here’s some pics of the pre-painted badging. Waiting on my new set for my P3D. Mind the dirt and snow on top. Best picture I could find was on a ski trip
CF66F9D8-5C6E-4152-A688-1653A592AE52.jpeg

Maybe not a bad solution. Same with having a shop paint them, or actually painting vs Plastidip. Any idea how much those badges typically run from Tesla?
I can’t find my receipt but memory says $20 each from my Tesla Service Center. Can of plastidip is $5 and virtually fool-proof to apply. Took me a couple of tries to get it right but all you do is peel off the dried dip if you mess up and spray again.

I’d also add that I wouldn’t count on removing and reusing your existing badges.

I can’t find my receipt but memory says $20 each from my Tesla Service Center. Can of plastidip is $5 and virtually fool-proof to apply. Took me a couple of tries to get it right but all you do is peel off the dried dip if you mess up and spray again.

I’d also add that I wouldn’t count on removing and reusing your existing badges.

20 is fine. I’ll try to do that. I actually have used Plastidip before and you’re right it’s pretty simple.