Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate failing to activate from app.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else noticed this once the app connects to the car? You turn on climate and it appears to be working for
2-3 seconds before reverting back to off.
Yes, I have had this issue with both our cars for weeks now. The app takes a long time to connect, then disconnects and keeps trying. The climate control may or may not come on. There is a message saying connection failed if I keep press the climate buttons on the app. Not sure where the connection issue is.

Personal story - On Feb 8, 2023, for a different unrelated issue, I took in my M3 2019 SR+ model for service. Funny enough the climate was working fine before my service appointment on Feb 8, 2023. Shortly after I was taking the car home and noticed the cabin heat wasn't working. Maybe the techs broke something? (who knows). Then I Immediately brought my car back to the service center and they diagnosed and found the PTC dual zone heater was faulty. They replaced the PTC Dual Zone Heater. Attached is the invoice below covered under the basic warranty. After googling, it seems this issue is present and has happened to other M3 owners and usually following a software update. A side note the out-of-warranty costs are roughly $1200 USD (EXPENSIVE!).

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk