TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Compare EVs

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by vfx, Nov 3, 2007.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

2. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

If you reduce it to cars that are highway capable (not NEVs) and available now from series production (not hand-built to order), the list gets pretty darn short.

Myers NMG

. . . and . . .

I can't think of any others?

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Some conversions live
    ...ACP eBox...
    ...Hybrid Tech Mini Cooper...

I think you can order a Tango or Wrightspeed, but when they can deliver is a question.

4. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

You can also order a Think city and get it delivered after March next year... They are actually making cars, our Minister for Enviromental matters did "officially" start production on it a few days ago. They are only doing deliveries within Norway for the first year though...

Cobos

5. tonybelding

The reason I mentioned Myers is because they've apparently got about 20 of those things sitting in inventory. It's the only new, highway-capable EV that I'm aware of where you can put down your money, point and say "I want *that* one" and drive off in it.

Of course, one reason why Myers has no waiting list is because they're so limited (one person, 30 mile range) and high-priced for what it does ($27,000) that it's tough to find buyers.

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

7. tonybelding

The Silence is sorta like the Tesla Roadster. . . It's close, but they haven't started delivering to customers just yet.

I like to think of the Silence as a three-wheeled Wrightspeed X1, only a lot closer to actually hitting the market. I'm rooting for it.