Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confused - what is the real weight of the RWD standard plus model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see different figures on the internet for the standard and standard plus model(which I assume weigh the same). Originally the consensus including the Tesla website was ~3,550lb but now Tesla says it’s 3,582 ( I feel like this just changed within the last day or so).

so what is the real weight of the standard plus model?

I’m still confused as a google search for model 3 user guide takes me to a Tesla link that appears up to date but doesn’t even list the standard plus model. I see some other potential user manuals that appear more dated that show the correct model and a weight of 3,554lbs.

is there a definitive link for the owners manual?

I’m still confused as a google search for model 3 user guide takes me to a Tesla link that appears up to date but doesn’t even list the standard plus model. I see some other potential user manuals that appear more dated that show the correct model and a weight of 3,554lbs.

is there a definitive link for the owners manual?

Its in the owners manual of the model you are looking at thats current, on page 186/187. The Standard Range and Standard Range plus are the same vehicle, physically. The difference is the Standard Range vehicle has some battery capacity locked out via software, and has some other features locked out via software.

For the purposes of your question, they are the same vehicle, so that is the correct manual:

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_3_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

I think I may have figured it out. Tesla’s web site specs changed recently and I bet the increase accounts for the heatpump being added to the 2021 model 3s. The weights in the link above must be dated as they don’t agree with anything I’ve read elsewhere.