Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Coronavirus affects Tesla dealers in PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took my car (2018 Model 3 LR_AWD) in to the Devon, PA SC on March 11th for the HW3 upgrade. The experience was very good and everything went great. Since I am becoming more mature o_O, I tend to forget things and of course, I forgot to give them their keycard back from the loaner and also, to take my garage remote from the visor of the loaner.

This necessitated a return trip back to Devon on Monday, the 16th, to exchange their keycard for my remote. While there, I asked if they had a Perfomance Model 3 I could test drive. To make a long story short, I ended up trading in my LR_AWD (they offered me a very good trade-In value) for a Model 3 Performance that was destined for New York for general sale. It was in transit at the time, so my SA had it redirected to Devon and I was scheduled to pick it up on the 24th. On the Thursday, March 19th, Governor Wolf announced that all non-essential businesses are required to shut down and released an official list of non-essential businesses to close. Auto Sales locations were included on that list. On Friday, the 20th, my SA notified me that the car had arrived and was ready for pick-up. I was told to come get it or I would have to wait until the Coronavirus restrictions were lifted. My SA told me they have to shut down by 8:00 pm and who knows when they can reopen to be able to pick up my car after that. (may have been just sales speak) Of course, I hopped in my car and went and picked it up. When I got there, it was really hectic. He stated they were trying to deliver 200+ cars before they closed.

Anyway, I got my car and absolutely love it. The car is still on FW 2019.35.108 so I could not really put the car through its paces. I could see cones but nothing else and only had version 1 of track mode (still fun though). No NoAP.

So getting to the point of this thread, the Coronavirus pandemic has hit Tesla (and all other auto manufacturers) in PA, and from what I hear, New Jersey is next. Keep an eye on your state's upcoming coronavirus restictions if you plan on test driving a car. It may be a while before Tesla test drives and more importantly, deliveries will be available in your area.

So I took my car (2018 Model 3 LR_AWD) in to the Devon, PA SC on March 11th for the HW3 upgrade. The experience was very good and everything went great. Since I am becoming more mature o_O, I tend to forget things and of course, I forgot to give them their keycard back from the loaner and also, to take my garage remote from the visor of the loaner.

This necessitated a return trip back to Devon on Monday, the 16th, to exchange their keycard for my remote. While there, I asked if they had a Perfomance Model 3 I could test drive. To make a long story short, I ended up trading in my LR_AWD (they offered me a very good trade-In value) for a Model 3 Performance that was destined for New York for general sale. It was in transit at the time, so my SA had it redirected to Devon and I was scheduled to pick it up on the 24th. On the Thursday, March 19th, Governor Wolf announced that all non-essential businesses are required to shut down and released an official list of non-essential businesses to close. Auto Sales locations were included on that list. On Friday, the 20th, my SA notified me that the car had arrived and was ready for pick-up. I was told to come get it or I would have to wait until the Coronavirus restrictions were lifted. My SA told me they have to shut down by 8:00 pm and who knows when they can reopen to be able to pick up my car after that. (may have been just sales speak) Of course, I hopped in my car and went and picked it up. When I got there, it was really hectic. He stated they were trying to deliver 200+ cars before they closed.

Anyway, I got my car and absolutely love it. The car is still on FW 2019.35.108 so I could not really put the car through its paces. I could see cones but nothing else and only had version 1 of track mode (still fun though). No NoAP.

So getting to the point of this thread, the Coronavirus pandemic has hit Tesla (and all other auto manufacturers) in PA, and from what I hear, New Jersey is next. Keep an eye on your state's upcoming coronavirus restictions if you plan on test driving a car. It may be a while before Tesla test drives and more importantly, deliveries will be available in your area.
Time to upgrade your profile pic i guess? I think today is the final day for businesses to be in business if they are not “essential”.
Out of curiosity, did you get a stealth or regular PUP Performance? Also, how many miles did your AWD have and what was the trade-in value? I have no interest in trading in as i have a stealth, but i thought it might be useful for people to know since a lot of people consider trading up.

Yikes. Hoping to pick up my M3 on Tuesday (Texas).

Though I would be sad if it doesn’t work out, I think I can set aside my selfish needs for the betterment of the community.

Fingers crossed.

Texas appears to have the same amount of cases as PA. Good luck, I hope you can pick it up but I'm with you on the betterment of the community. It wouldn't have been that much of a big deal if I wasn't able to pick it up... I still would have a Tesla to drive around in.

@yerEVan I haven't been able to take any pics yet... hopefully soon though.

There was not any stealths available so I didn't have a choice. I probably would have chosen the PUP anyway but I'm not sure. It's Pearl White with black interior. It has the std dark grey 20" wheels with the Michelin pilot 4s tires. It had 5 miles on it.

I had 8000 miles on the LR_AWD and was given $47,000 for the trade-in... almost made it a no brainer. The car was in very good condition (no outside or inside damage) but was all stock. That was probably a good thing for the trade-in.

Reactions: SlimJim
That seems a fantastic trade-in value.

That's what I though and why I couldn't pass it up. A new Performance Model 3 with new warranties and a improvement of 2 model years (from 2018 to 2020) for $9,990 plus ~ $2,000 in taxes and fees (of course). Well worth it... at least for me.

By the way, there were two other trade-ins there that day and they were also offered $47,000 for their cars. Don't know any of their details though.

They were also delivering some Model Y's when I was picking up my car. Nice car but not a Model 3 :D!!

Reactions: Msjulie
Interesting times we are in. The SF Bay area did it's shut down on Monday March 16 and my husband's MS had an appointment for the 17th here in the bay area for his annual maintenance. He wasn't sure if they would still be open to do it but the service center would fall under auto repair shops. He did receive confirmation that Tuesday morning for his appointment. In fact they told him by email that there were a few cancellations and if he wanted to move it up from the afternoon he could, so he did. He sat in a small conference room area there (wiping down the tables and such just in case) and was able to do his office meetings on his phone from there. He did say that before his car was ready he saw two other people in the waiting area so they had some traffic but not much which was good for everyone. He really didn't want to get a loaner if one was available or use an uber credit so preferred to wait for the car to be done and then drive home.

My car's HW3 should be available if I schedule it but since we live a bit away from the SvC thought I would wait to schedule it as I know the install can take longer. At that time I'll also probably have my tires rotated and will want my A/C filters taken care of too.

I wonder if they have a demo model to test drive of the Y.
Did you have FSD?

I don't think they have a Model Y for sale or to test drive. My SA said they are scarce right now and the ones they delivered were ordered quite a while ago. The Model Y looks to be taller which is where I think they get their storage... definitely bigger inside than the 3. Very nice looking but not as sporty.

In some of my earlier posts I mention that I bought my car used from a Lexus dealer. It was two months old. had 1700 miles and I paid $50,000 for it. The car had everything so I will lose out on the FSD. Right now it's a $7,000 option... a little too steep for me. I don't really care about FSD right now anyway. I'll wait until it comes out officially and consider it then. Maybe they will have a sale at some point. I'm one who believes it will be quite awhile before it's perfected.

BTW, my SA did tell me to take off any extras I put on the car and he let me take the 240 volt 14-50 charger plug (not included in the new models) and the frunk mat. He said the car was going to auction. Hard to believe with the trade-in they gave me.

Not to add negativity during these times, but I was scheduled to pickup mine on the 21st at Devon, PA location. I got called the 20th in the morning to see if i wanted to pick up in Cherry Hill, NJ because of the closures. Called in the afternoon but they they said my car wouldn't get there until the 21st, it is now stuck until they re-open. I have waited 2.5 months, whats another month?!@#?@!#?@

First official post so don't know shorthand but I am getting the Model 3 Dual Range Performance with Performance Upgrade. Black on Black.